Remissions who wants them?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bikrgrl, Jun 11, 2008.

1. bikrgrl

bikrgrl New Member

I spent from christmas until last week in one big flare. Non stop pain, tiredness, weakness, everything.
    Then last week, something happended. The pain lifted and i felt full of energy!
    I took it easy, but was able to do some of the things i enjoy doing.
    Now here i am back into the flare, it started yesterday morning and it would appear it's not letting up.
    I feel defeated, just when i was feeling human again BAM! it all comes flooding back.
    I'm not sure i want a remission again. they bring hope, only to have it squashed.
    Anyone else feel this way?
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I will take what I can get. I have had a couple good days since last Sept. when I took a trip home. Home is 2500 miles from here and I don't like flying, so I have been in flare since then.

Oh I am happy for the few days that I can get relief and do some things I love to do.
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

It isn't the remissions I hate. I love them. I love having all of that energy and no pain. It is the going back into the pain and fatigue that I hate.

I rencentely went to Georgia to visit my daughter and her family. For the most part, I felt great. It wasn't two or three days later when I came back to the cold, wet Pac Northwest that I went back into a flare. So here I sit, all achy, all over again, waiting for some warm weather. I would love to have some get up and go again.

Hope is all I have. Everyday I hope I will feel better. Everyday I hope someone will find a cause and a cure. Everyday I hope that others like me will feel they are being cared for by their family, friends and doctors. Hope is something I have to work at daily. Don't give up. We are all with you. P
  4. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I've never had a remission - it sounds good to me! For at least 20 years I've had the daily pain and exhaustion (and all the other good stuff). One day with energy would be awesome!!!!!

Yeah, it's just a tease, but it's been so long since I've felt human, I'd love to just glimpse it once more.
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I really understand what you are saying. I hate the "tease" too sometimes. The roller-coaster ride of our illness is SOOOO frustrating. And then there are others here who don't get to feel the "ups" and have any energy at all.

What I try to do, is have hope that I will have more and more up times. I'm much better at giving advice than taking my own. I get really down and annoyed when I don't feel well too. It's boring and frustrating. I totally hear you on that.

Remissions are better than illness though. There was a reason it happened and you may get another one soon. Try to enjoy them when you have them! People who don't have illness often don't appreciate these things the way we do.

Sending you hugs and support.

6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Have there been other times that you've been away from home and felt better?

If so, you might consider the issue of toxic mold.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if someone had pounded this idea into my head in early 2007 (when I first joined this board), it would have saved me a whole year of decline.
  7. Bethan

Bethan New Member

I have recently dx'd myself with CFS. After 5 yrs, I never knew that all of my symptoms were related until I had a remission. This also proved how stupid I have become and how stupid my Dr.s are. In Feb. 2008, I had a 2 week remission and felt like the happiest 16 yr old (I am actually 43) person on earth! Then one day, I felt like an energetic 16 yr old who was blasting music and dancing ( which I was) and felt the onset of the illness coming back. It started with the top or crown of my head feeling numb, then went down my body and all the pain, aches, nausea, and extreme fatigue all came back. I went from 16 yrs old to 90 in 1 day. I learned a lot and had hope that I could actually be normal.

You people on the message boards have really saved my life. I'm NOT crazy! How often do FM/CFS sufferers experience remissions? Are they truly spontaneous or does something trigger them? I am glad for the remission because of all that I have learned, but if it is purely spontaneous and out of my control - it seems extrememly depressing, tortureous, and cruel.

Soon I will post my bio and ask that you take a look and offer any or all ideas or advice. I have decided to no longer talk to my family and freinds about my illness because they do not understand or have knowledge or true compassion for what I am going through - as you guys do. This is my first post! BKRGRL - I completely understand!!!
  8. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Yes, everytime I go somewhere warm with no rain, I feel better after a couple of days. Then when I come back to this cold, wet weather I go back to feeling the old pain. I live in a brand new house and haven't seen any signs of mold anywhere. P
  9. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I agree with Lisa. If I were you, mujuer, I'd be reading Mold Warriors, and checking my house and yard for mold. It can get into new construction if it rains while the house is being built. One person I know discovered mold growing in her yard! Ack.