Remissions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MarieHerman, Jan 31, 2003.

1. MarieHerman

MarieHerman New Member

I was dx with fibro about 2 1/2 years ago. I hear others talk about flare ups and remission. I have just hurt pretty much continually all the time with all the classic symptoms of fibro. Am I missing something re the flare ups/remissions?
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I don't know why, but there have been times when I feel great for weeks, and then bam - I'm in a flare. It seems though that my flares last longer each time, and they come more often. I'm sure it has to do with a combination of things - stress, weather, how much sleep we get. I wish I knew the answer, but I don't. I hope other people write to you and give you their opinions.

Annette2
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I've been steadily getting worse over the past few years. It didn't used to hurt all the time, but I don't think that's classified as remission because I think that's when it was still emerging. I would experience flares though.
    Does that make sense? (probably not!)
    Now, there is rarely a day that goes by that something doesn't hurt. Marie, hopefully we will be able to someday experience this ellusive "remission"...
    LOL,
    Debbie
  4. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear marie,

I've had FM 4-ever. I'm just 40, should be in the prime
    of my life, kids almost raised. ect.

I just resently met a very nice woman whom is 61 years of age. She told me she had FM for about 1 or 2 years, I
    think that's what she said. Anyway, she started doing research in a different way than we do. She claims she
    "does not" have FM anymore. I am so skeptical, But, she sounds so convincing you'd almost have to believe her.
    Sometimes, I think she may have had something else, but, I
    can't think of anything that would mimmic FM for that long.

She is now eating organic foods, no sugar, no white foods, and no (evening shade foods) like potatos, tomatoes,
    eggplant, green bell peppers. She also believes highly in
    the use of Barley Green as a suppliment. And also probiotics.

I'm in the process of following in her footsteps just to
    see where it leads, but, I'm still skeptical, but, feel
    also that I have nothing to loose by trying yet something
    else.

She says that she has had no FM symptoms now for 5years
    That sounds too good to be true, if she really was cured.
    If I'm the least bit helped, it would be a big improvement
    over how I feel now. I never go a day without at least a
    pain score of 6-9.

Hope one day we can all find our way into remission or
    even better yet, being cured.

Best Wishes to you marie,
    LadyDi/diane