Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Busyknitter2, May 19, 2008.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so glad that the dr. is doing something about your Mom's meds. I don't blame you if that has been what is wrong with her I would go after the NH. She has been thru a lot.

I just had the weekend from you know where. Saturday we where suppose to go with that friend that just had the surgery to pick up Bill's pickup truck and bring it back here. He insisted on driving. He drove like a crazed person. He was going 85-90 and would run up on other cars and than get mad and flip them off. I told Bill I would never ride with this guy again. His driving got to Bill too.

Saturday morning Andy called before we left and said that he had his partner arrested. They went out and his partner got jealous and went bezerk. He drove home like a maniac and attacked Andy he also kicked their living room window out. He had left and the cops picked him up coming back into the apartment complex and got him on a SUI. He alos had a warrent out for his arrest because before he turned 21 he got busted for underage drinking and did not follow thru with his community service and probation. He spent the weekend in jail. Andy was saying he was done with it all but we'll see. Bill worked on Andy's car all day yesterday.

Alan has an interview with Wal-mart tomorrow. I hope it works out. I am going to watch the kids while he is at the interview.

Let me know how things are with you. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, boy your not kidding your had more then your share for the weekend. How are you doing now? I don't blame you for not wanting to ride with that guy. Was his wife there too?

I am sorry for what happened to ANdy. Yea well have to see if he is finished with him. Wasn't he going to Hawaii?

How did Alans interview go?

I haven't seen big changes in my mom. She actually is eating less but actually she was quiet yesterday.

the lawyer today was no help. He told me I would go to prison if I get the house. He said if my mom isn't competent (which I say she is but the dr says not competent to make medical decions) that the house will go though probabt and my brothers will get it too.

He told me I should live in the house. I told him its to far from my mom and he said I am unhealthy and obsessive about my mom and it isn't good. He was weird and really upset me. I'm also scared to live in that house too.

I dont' know what to do. I can't keep paying $200 a month for ins. and I have lost thousands. I feel like just letting it go. Who cares after it goes through probateplus back taxes and $50,000 lein and split up 3 ways there is nothing left.

Also he said conservatorship doesn't mean I get the house. My brothers would be notified and of course they'd come if we could find them.

Sorry for going on.
    Take care,
  3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry what the lawyer said. It is not fair, you are the one that has been there and did for your Mom and paid the $200 a month. Does this mean that they will have to take responsibility for what you have had to pay also. Like my brother I am sure if they think they are getting something they will be there.

Alan had a second interview today. He didn't get the job he thought he was he did get another for almost $2 more an hour.

Andy is already changing his tune. Him and Mat are "talking". I called and reminded him about Alexis' prek graduation tomorrow and he said that Mat wanted to go, I said that it was not a good idea at this time. He is not going to come in and act like nothing happened. None of Andy's family wants him any where around. This is Alexis' night.

How is your Mom doing? How is she eating, and acting?

I got a thing from a lawyer yesterday addressed to the estate of Wendell Lambert. They want to settle the Bank of America debt. It is almost $10,000 and they are willing to knock off almost $3000. I am going to write back and tell them that in no way am I going to pay any of this debt, I in no way owe it.

Like with our brothers, they are around for none of the problems but it it was money they wanted to give instead of bills they would be right there.

Oh well. Please do not apolize for going on. You did not, I am glad that you can "talk" to me. You have been there for me.

God bless; Pam
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? How was ALexis graduation? Wow I didn't think of her being out of kindergarden. I bet she was really cute at her graduation. I don't blame you for not wanting Andys partner there.

Good for Alan on his job. How is Bills going?

Well my mom was yelling out and miserable tonight. I don't know what to do but there are more pills we can cut back. I wish we could cut them all off for a base line and then startover.

I am still upset over that lawyer. He wasn't nice and told me I'm going to prision with a felony for my moms

He said I do no good for my mom cause I am obsessed with her and I will end up dead before her because I am doing to much for her.

He even said he was an osbudsman and knows what goes on in NH. He said to get a life and join eharmony to get a boyfriend.. He was in a real rich part of town too.

He told me if one of his five daughters was doing what I am (going to the NH always) he wouldn't not like it one bit.

Well I am still gonna try to get her competent testing. I may do conservatorship. Maybe they can't find my brothers. They invesitgate her home and I hope I don't get a felony for cleaning it out. I bet I will. She told me she wanted to rent it out so what was I to do.

Funny when she was home I wanted and tried to declair her incompetent so I could get control of her help. But I couldn't. Now I can't get her declaired competent!

Well take care and hope you have a good weekend!
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

That lawyer sounds like a first rate jerk. He has a lot of nerve for condemning a woman for loving, caring, and worrying about her mother. He says you need to get a life, he has some nerve.

He says you could get a felony for the house, what about the fact you pay on it every month and have put alot of $$ into it. Does he think your brothers are good guys? What a jerk.

The lawyer that handled Alan's divorce asked for a $1500 retainer and said that should take care of everything. After the divorced was finalized he sent a bill for $1600 this is after the $1500. If Alan called and asked a quick question he hit him with a min. 15 minute charge of $18. Bill and Alan did most of the leg work, taking the papers to the court house etc.

Alan got a job at Wal-mart. He is going to be night produce and make $2.20 more on the hour. He goes to orientation a week from today.

Andy called his Dad yesterday morning and said his car quit. He was out past us visiting Mat. His maintaince guy at the hotel is going to fix it but can't until Tuesday. He called and wanted us to rent him a car, he even said that he would pay for it. No way, I found out that his license has been suspended for a while. He is mad at us I think. Guess he should have kept the $1200 plus he paid on Mat's car, gas, oil changes, etc.

Alexis graduation was nice. She cried when she started up on stage because she does not want to leave Mrs. Sickbert, the asst. director gave her a hug and teared up, Mrs. Sickbert gave her a hug and teared up, and Nana cried. Bill was recording it and even got me on tape crying. She graduated prek and off to kindergarten. Bill and I got her three roses and she was so excited.

Sorry I went on this time. Let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam how are you? That was so neat that you gave ALexis 3 roses. I was thinking she was in kindergarden but I guess its preK like you said. She will love kindergarden.

I don't blame you about not getting a rental for Andy. He could wreck the car and the ins wounldn't be valid due to his license.

The lawyer was saying if I trans the house while she is incompetent I will go to prison. I didn't tell him her house is almost empty. But 95% was thrown out because it was damaged by my brother and friends.

I saved what I could but I didn't sell anything.

I wonder if I could get an emergency conservatorship. Just for the fact that the dr who won't return my calls says she is incompetent to make med decisions.

What are you up to this weekend? You sure are there for your kids which is great.

I'm not doing so good so I didn't go see my mom now but will tonight.

Take care,
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

PS I did go to the nh at a weired time 3 pm and the dr came in. My mom was acting out of her mind which is bad but she was the worst and of course in front of him.

He is going to switch meds but now I don't blame him after today, of making her incompetent cause today she really was off her rock yelling repeating grabbing me super hard ect.

I told the nurse to get her ativan. I feel sorry for her.
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

It is so rough on you dealing with every thing. Your poor Mom is going thru so much too. Did the Dr. think it could possibly be the meds. Really it is a good thing he came in when he did, and saw how she was acting.

You might try the emergency conservitorship. Is there a social worker or some one at the NH that could tell you how to go about getting an emergency order.

As I said before with Bill's Mom, the NH had a meeting with us and her medical Dr. had a pschy evaluation and he said that she was not competent. We went to a lawyer and she filed for emergency guardianship, we went to court on New Years Eve and got the order. The Dr. suggested she go to the hospital mental health unit for a complete evaluation and Bill was able to say ok and get it done. I don't know about the law where you are at.

Alan and I picked up Alexis from Prek and the teacher asked to talk to us. She said that Alexis' bahavior was the worst it had been. She aske Alexis why she was acting out so much and Alexis told her "I am afraid to go to kindergarten, I don't want to leave you so if I act bad I can stay in Prek." Her teacher told her that it wasn't goodby it was see you later, she even gave Alexis her home phone number and told Alexis if she ever wanted to call her to do so. This teacher is wonderful.

She wanted to go get chinese but they where suppose to go meet Andrea for lunch. Alan told me if I wanted to I could take her to get chinese, so we did. We talked about so many things. She went from wanting me to hold her like a baby and cuddle to I am a big girl during the day. To wanting Daddy to I want to spend the night with you again.

Just like the asst. director said I have been the female influence for her and Mrs. Sickbert has been the first no related influence. Alexis does not like change any way. We are going to spend a lot of time togather this summer, do fun things and get ready for kindergarten.

I am sorry Iwent on and on about it, the teacher and I teared up yesterday. She even told Alexis she loved her.

Pleas let me know how thing are with you and your Mom. I hope you know what a wonderful daughter you are.

God bless; Pam
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? That was nice that the teacher gave her her phone number. I'm sure Alexis is gonna love her teacher next yr too!

Is ALan liking his new job? How is your weather? Thankfully we are below average lately so that is fine with me.

Well today my mom told me on the phone that she feels good today! I only get a few words from her and can't always understand her at first. SHe can't even pick up the phone.

I went in with excitement and she was calling out repeating most of the time. I fed her yams.

The dr finally cut out that neurotin last Fri. I got a call though that he want the lyrica. I said I want to wait to review the side effects.

Well I did and I don't like it. But yesterday and today I asked her what hurt and she said her elbow yesterday and today nothing hurt! I made sure the rn wrote down no pain and the rn said she did write it down as she asked about pain to earlier.

They want to drug her up again and I am not gonna do it. She still is drugged up with the fintenal patch and tramadol.

Well I think i will go for the conservatorship. I also found out that she CAN do a will.

SOunds like you will have so much fun with ALexis. I want to adopt one day when I am healthy. I always wanted to be a foster mom.

Take care,

10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am going to make this quick. Our computer crashed over the weekend and Bill had to get it up and going again.

I fell today and my left side of my body hurts. I was going to try and reply put the flexril I took has kicked in. I will get back with you tomorrow.

God bless; Pam
  11. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How are you doing? How is your Mom. You are so right not to want her to be drugged there is no sense in her being on something if she does not need it. You are right about thre Lyrica, I read up on it. My Dr. mentioned putting me on it for the Fibro pain and I told him no.

I am in pain today but it is from the fall for the most part. I took my pjs off and got dressed this morning and I noticed a cut under my arm, I must have hit something in the dish drainer. My back and left arm hurts. My ankle was puffy yesterday put it feels alot better today.

I am planning on having alot of fun with Alexis this summer. Alan has orientation on Friday so I am going to watch both of them. I am thinking abourt spending the night tomorrow and staying there with them. We'll see.

Please let me know how things are and how your Mom is doing.

God bless; Pam
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you doing? Hope you are feeling better. Alexis would probably like it if you spent the night.

Well yesterday my mom spoke real clear and said maybe I sholdn't come so much and she hurt my feelings. I called her later and she was frantic repeating so I came.

She is eating 80% less. She is feeling nauseous and she says she IS sleeping good. She had her zyprexa cut in half, the neurotin as of FRi gone and trazadone only as needed and they haven't gave it to her yet.

She is losing weight. She wanted me to come tonight but I just couldn't. I was there an hour today.

Well now I talked to another lawyer and they said she can't do a will if shes incompetent even with conservatorship.

The lawyer said to have her reevaluated. I will.

Well hope you feel good enough to watch the kids. You sure help your kids a lot which is so nice.

Take care,

Oh I just went to the jail site and my brother was released today from jail! I haven't looked in a long time. The bad thing is when you've been released you can't find what he did. If I would have looked earlier I would have found the crime.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2008]
  13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Sorry that your Mom hurt your feelings. It sounds like they do nned to reevalute her. I know how rough this is on you, you are doing so wonderful by your mom.

I am feeling fair, still sore and achy. Alan just called to see how I was feeling and try to get me to go to the Dr. Bill called just a couple of minutes ago also.

I keep checking to see if my brother is in jail too. Hendricks county has a place you can go and check on a person and the court case. Here it is public record.

I need to get busy. I hope things with your Mom get lined out. This is so hard on you.

God bless; Pam
  14. Rene

Rene New Member

HI How are you? Glad you well enough to get busy but sorry you are in pain. That is one thing I'm thankful for I don't have physical pain.

Well I am so upset. My mom told me on the phone today she was giving Lyrica. I was told by the rn yesterday I can refuse it if I want. I called the rn and she said yes but I said I refused it she says I have to call the dr.

Well long story short the director of nusring called me back and she insulted me that out of 171 I cause the most drama! She said that after I told her I never seen so much drama. SHe apologized to me.

Then she said if I want they can put "interefere with care" in her file and then they will discontinue the meds.
    I said well that is kinda extreme but ok.

The director of nursing calls again and says we are giving her Lyrica! And they have and tonight she is drugged up I saw her!

I do believe they put "interfere with care" in her file so that won't look good and the judge will she in on conservatorship.

Sorry for going on I am so upset. I am trying to get a new dr but its looking like I can't.

15. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I can not believe they are doing things the way they are. How can be say interfere with care? They want to make it sound like you are not wanting the best for your Mom. That is not the case, you do want what is best for her and that is why you did not want her on that pill (lyrica). There was even a post on either this board or the fibro/cfs board asking about the lyrica. Are they trying to say that there is nothing else that will help your Mom? It sounds like they want things their way and to make it as easy as possible for them.

I would think that they would be glad that a patients daughter is doing every thing she can to help her mother and not just leaving her in the NH and never being around like I am sure there are people there.

Alan likes hie new job. He even ran into an old friend that works the same shift. Andrea made the comment today that she did not know how him working nights was going to work, she did not like being by herself at night. She is just going to have to get over it. I know it is tuff when Bill would be out on the road years ago it really bothered me being by myfelf with the kids. She sure complained when he wasn't working you would think she would be happy that he is and making half way decent money.

I am really tired and my shoulder still hurts from my fall so I am going to get ready for bed. I hope things get better for you. Just remember you are doing everything that you can for your Mom and you love her very much.

God bless; Pam
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? I am so glad ALan likes his job. That is such good news. Im with you that Andrea is gonna have to get over being alone at night and I'm sure she'll get used to it.

I went early today to see my mom. I'm still upset. The director said she admired me how I care for my mom when we were on the phone.

Patients rights states you have a right to refuse medical treatment and states if you have a right to change your mind and that if your mom is not abel to make med decions it goes to the family member in charge.

Makes me so sick. She doesn't even have nerve pain
    or fibro or seizers. I told the director that.

Well how is your weather out there? Did you spend the night?

Take care,
  17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I do not blame you for being mad. What is their reason for giving the lyrica to your Mom? Is your Mom able to tell you how she feels about taking it?

We have had some really wild storms since last Friday. I hate storms. It took me many years to get over a terrible fear. My grandma, great grandma, mom and even Dad where fraid of them, and they passed on the fear. Andrea and her family are parnoid affraid they hear a storm is coming in no matter how small and they are scared to death. I told Alan not to let them pass that fear on to Alexis. She stayed with me last night and it looked pretty bad for a while but it was ok. I was getting a little worried but did not let on to her.

I need to get busy let me know how things are going. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  18. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? I saw on the news about your bad weather in your state. How is it now?

Well I called the state and filied a complaint. I talked to the state supervisor and she said they can't give meds I don't approve.

I went and saw my mom today and she kept ludging out of her chair while eating so I had them put her back to bed.

I hAVE a call into her pschiatrist she saw. Well talked to another lawyer and he said if she doens't have capacity that there is nothing he can do.

Any plans for this weekend? How about the summer? How is the new jobs going?

Take care.

19. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

It sounds like you are still having to deal with one person saying one thing and another saying something else. Have you talked to the pscychrist yet? Do you thing that he will be any help?

I have no plans for this weekend. I will have Alexis here until late on Saturday. She came and spent the night with me Tuesday and ended up staying last night also. Andrea's Dad's Dad died yesterday and they are going down for the showing and funeral tomorrow and Saturday. I am glda that Alan wanted me to keep her, it is to soon after her "Hoppie" to have to go to another funeral. Andrea's Dad was not close to his Dad but it still is a shock.

I guess he had bought a brand new car and was leaving the dealership and pulled out and was plowed into by a triaxle truck.

The jobs are going well. Alan really likes his. It worked out he is off tonight thru Sunday night and Andrea left work early today and is off on Saturday and Sunday.

We are suppose to get more storms tomorrow. We will see what it brings.

Please let me know how things are and take care of yourself.

God bless; Pam
  20. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? Oh awful about Andreas dad. You just never know do you? Was he married to her mom? That is just so terrible.

Did you get those storms? Hope the jobs continue to go well.

I'm not doing so good and only saw my mom for 15 min without snuggles as I was to weak to carry him. I called the state on the NH about my rights being violated.

Now they are giving my mom Magace for cancer patients. The DON (director of nursing) told me its a serious drug last week now shes getting it as of yesterday and I can't stop it.

My mom did stop eating for a week and I let the Don know that but this week shes eating like normal and I argued that with the RN last night. My mom lost 10 pds but this week shes eating.

Well sorry for always going on about this.
    Take care,