Rene's Post From FMS Board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We need to pray for our troops 03/19/03 07:22 PM

I sure am thinking about the troops. Even if the ones make it out alive they can get GWS,CFS, FM or even ALS. I was just reading on CDCs website that a number of vets got the disease mentioned above. Anyone know how to email a service member? Of course won't mention the diseases they may get if they get out of there alive.
    Rene

Alert us BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

Shirl
    (1978)

Moderator Rene................... 03/19/03 07:36 PM

The War has begun, I just started a prayer post on the Worship board, please come over and add your prayers to the chain for all of them.

Shalom, Shirl

BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

craftyjody
    (395)

Yes we do need to PRAY................... 03/19/03 07:38 PM

it scares me to think of what maybe waiting for them. I think it a good posibly that may be sick from the last war. I PRAY we are all safe. I hope this country can get some dignity back. This is scarry times for all of us. Yes, this does affect our DD, because of the stress it causes.

CONSIDER YOURSELF ALL {{{HUGGED}}},

Jody

lin21
    (114)

Many sites too show our support 03/19/03 07:38 PM

I have found a few sites where we can actually e-mail our troops.
    Do a search under "support our troops". I would have posted the url but I wasn't sure I could do that.
    Let's all say our prayers for these brave, courageous men and women.

Lin

rene
    (80)

to Crafty Jody 03/19/03 08:06 PM

For sure the vet are sick with CFS, GWS Fms or the worst ALS. There was a movie when the troops came back being sick and being told over and over that it was all in their heads. Anyone see it? Well if not I'm sure you lived it!
    Rene

Achy-Shaky
    (162)

My son is on the way over there on the USS Nimitz 03/19/03 08:50 PM

And you can bet my stress level is WAY UP THERE!! I'm a nervous wreck tonight but I know I have to accept that there is nothing I can do but lend him support by e-mail and hope that since he's on a ship he won't be in as much danger as those troops in the front line.

I know they all appreciate all our thoughts and prayers.

sunny
    (573)

Good Message 03/19/03 10:18 PM

God bless your son Achy and all the rest of the fine men and women over there and heading there.

My hopes and prayers are with them all and will continue until they can all come home.

Big Hugs

Sunny

Bambi
    (185)

Achy I am praying for all the troops 03/19/03 10:41 PM

and your son. I am also praying for
    the children and innocent women and
    men who are sitting over there waiting to be bombed. I can't even imagine the stress and fear both sides are feeling right now. When the
    first shots went off I just started
    crying at the insanity of war. If only men could learn to talk and
    negotiate and use diplomacy in this
    sick world! It's a sad and fearful time for everyone, even us at home
    not sure if we will have terrorist
    attacks now in reaction to the war..not that they aren't happy to use ANY excuse. I'm glad to hear the
    prayer chain is set up and will go
    check it out. Let's also pray that
    it goes fast and all our boys and men can come home sooner rather than
    later! Hugs, Bambi

betsy2
    (126)

Prayer 03/20/03 02:40 AM

My prayers are for everyone involved in the Iraq war. I really don't think the Iraqi people deserve this but I won't get on my grandstand about it. I pray for them, our troops, the commnaders, General Tommie Franks, George W. Bush and as much as I don't want to say it Saddam. I just hope God gives both leaders the guidance needed to end this conflict and settle it.

lelehpr
    (68)

Amen my FM Friends. 03/20/03 07:18 AM

My the precious blood of God cover the entire US military along with our country and President. Amen.