Renewed YMCA membership/ stressed already

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by momof471, Jun 30, 2008.

1. momof471

momof471 New Member

Well, I decided to renew my family Y membership. I let it go last September. I couldn't remember exactly what the water did to me that made me feel bad, but I knew it did.

Well, I really have to do something, my weight is at an obscenely embarassing all time high, aerobics or walking any kind of distance is not an option at this time.

Saturday, I go, with hubby and kids. It felt so good to be weightless in the water, I Love Water! When I was younger, I lived in it.

So of course, I start paddling around and so forth. For a couple of hours when I was done, the pain had eased.

Well, Sunday I get up and realize I'm in a little pain, but I mainly ignore it, however, by last night I was in excruciating pain down my right side from neck to elbow and severe pain in right knee.

Then it dawned on me, why I stopped the water program, I have chronic tendonitis in my elbow and the water excercises and swimming irritate it. The shoulder thing is new.

I feel like one great big throbbing ball of raw nerves right now and this with less than an hour of leisurly paddling and floating in the pool!

I want to scream!!! How do I explain this one?

God Bless
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry this put you in so much pain when it sounds so refreshing and fun.

3. momof471

momof471 New Member

Its frustrating. I'm feeling a little better and will give it another go soon.

God Bless