reno/tahoe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

does anyone know a good place to stay long term in reno or incline village?
    thanks!
  2. oklandrun

oklandrun New Member

If you are seeing Dr. Peterson, there is a very convenient facility, Parkside Inn at Incline, 1003 Tahoe Blvd, Incline Village, 1-800-824-6391. Pricing is also reasonable compared to the Hyatt Regency.

oklandrun
  3. quanked

quanked Member

I imagine hotels would be pricey no matter how reasonable nightly charges are over the long term if you are talking months. Have you considered renting a room in someone home?

I have had exceptional luck in renting room for both my husband and son in state and out of state and in Canada on craigslist.
  4. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

If you're on Facebook, Mary Schweitzer, Ph.D., was there for a long time; she may know of some place "reasonably" priced; alternatively, call either the WPI or Dr. Peterson's office. I'll bet they know.

Wanna get together and buy the town that is closed down, 100 mi. north of Reno? Saw it on Tv and thought it would be great place to have houses to rent out to others comtemplating WPI or Peterson care, LOL!
    Long way to drive several times a week, though!

skeptik2
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks, guys. yes it would be great to buy that town and have the whole town be a CFS town LOL

with peterson and WPI right around the corner, it would be like our own island
  6. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi ladybugmandy!

I hope that by now you have found a place to stay in Reno or Tahoe. Anyways, I live in Reno and we always stay at a place called Cedar Glen Lodge in Lake Tahoe. It's been a few years but when we went it was very reasonably priced and an awesome place to stay! They offer cabins with a full kitchen, 2 bedroom, 1 bath suite and have many amenaties on site and close by. It is located about 30-40 minutes from Incline Village from what I remember, fibro-fog you know.

We always loved staying there because they offer so much! The cabins are very quaint with a nice porch to relax on and enjoy nature. They have a pool, hot tub, laundry facilities, newspaper on your porch every morning and a continental breakfast every morning. In the evenings you can also enjoy a bonfire and roast marshmellows with the owners. The owners are sooooo nice and the fireside chat is very enjoyable. Right across the street there is a beach and down the road there are restaurants and places to rent bikes, snorkeling gear, etc. We absolutly love it there. the whole family works there and the owners are a very lovely family from Germany.

You can look it up on the web at Cedarglenlodge.com for more info. Sorry to ramble but we just love staying there and have already booked a 4 day stay there in August when the water at the lake is warm enough to swim in! Best of luck and if you are going soon you better book wherever you decide to stay a.s.a.p. because everything books up for the summer really fast!

Good luck, Julie
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks, guys. i would be staying a year and i wont have a car...

what i want is cidofovir. i am sort of assessing all my options. my mom will be spending all her savings so i can have this treatment but i cannot afford to get it if the doctor doesn't have a private infusion room. if i have to get it through a hospital, i won't be able to afford it. i still cant really afford it but will do it anyway..i am probably going to die otherwise.

i do have a very nice doctor who might help me...and there is also dr. peterson if nothing else works out..but i dont want to stop the antiretrovirals and i am worried he might want me to, since he doesnt believe in xmrv.

too bad no doctor will help me where i live!