Reocurring Colds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dreamharp, Dec 10, 2005.

1. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

As it gets near Christmas I always get recurring colds.
    What are some good products to use to nip the cold in
    the bud. Vitamin C and garlic does not do the trick.
    Please share your tips for getting rid of winter colds.

Thanks

Dreamharp

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2006]
  2. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Good quality Ginseng. Ask Pharmasist if manufacurers confuse!
  4. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

In addition to Vitamin C and garlic, I would recomend Zinc lozenges, acidophilus, and Zicam.

You can google any of these items for more descriptive info.

Check with your doc or pharmacist - makes sure there's no interactions with meds.

peach
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Dreamharp,
    When I was still working I used to get terrible winter colds. Sometimes I would be on antibiotics for 14 weeks at a time. Many Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations were spent with my family at one end of the phone and me at the other.

Here is how I stopped that (I have had only 2 colds in the past 11 years).:
    I use essential oils . I use two formulations, one is called "Thieves" and is based on the oils that the thieves of the Plague times used to prevent illness, and the other is for the immune system. I put them on my feet daily.
    At the first sign of a cold I take the Wellness formula and rest.
    I separate myself from groups of people during flu season, especially groups where there might be hugging and kissing. I don't go to small groups where people might have a cold.
    I wash my hands frequently, for at least 15 seconds.

Once I get a cold, I increse the Wellness formula, take my homeopathic nose spray and allergy drops, take colloidal silver and cancel all appointments, and REST. I also make the proverbial chicken soup (It must be made with the skin if it is to be used medicinally), to which I add fresh lemon and cayanne pepper, just befoe serving.. Ginger tea is good, and also, a ginger poultice on the chest is good, too. Apple cider vinegar (1/2 tsp. in water, 3x a day) cuts the phlem in the system.

I watch funny T.V..

I hope this helps. Here's to your feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Terry

6. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

can you tell me more about these oils?

where do you buy them?

why do you put them on your feet?
  7. missdiz

missdiz New Member

I haven't used it, but everyone tells me that Airborne is wonderful. I, also, get colds & sinusitis very often. Hugs