Report on my husband ..

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jaltair, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My husband had his surgery yesterday and the doctor was correct, it was his quadriceps tendon! It was torn in two and had to be sutured to his patella, so the recovery will be longer than I had hoped. I brought him home at 7:30 PM last night. He's had quite a bit of pain throughout the night and into this AM despite the pain medication, Dilaudid, and I am, of course, home with him today.

I’m giving him Lovenox (anticoagulant) now, and he has his CPM (knee moving machine) to do 2 hours three times a day. It’s been very difficult for him as far as post-op today; he needs help getting up to use the restroom and to do personal-care. He does have a walker, but needs assistance ambulating as well.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them and have felt them.

L, Jeannette
  2. maryl

maryl New Member

Glad the surgery is over. He is so lucky to have you to care for him. It will make it a little easier I'm sure.
    Will say a prayer for you both. God bless.
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate them and your prayers.

L, Jeannette
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hope your husband is doing better. What a burden on you, but God will give you strength.

I just read your bio and realized that if you turned 60 last Oct. (2006), you are the same age as my husband. I will turn 60 in 3 days...AAGH. I relate to your comments in your bio.

Just hope and pray hubby is doing better and you have the strength.

Sue
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

My husband is doing better. We have quite a regimen set up here in our 27 ft Terry trailer (6 more months and we'll be in our home!). Very tight space, and you'd think that would be good. The opposite. Very difficult to have a walker, the machine for his knee, dressing supplies, etc. and keep it all organized. He does his CPM three times a day for 2 hours each time. Right now, he is not supposed to put weight on his left leg, so he has to use the walker to displace his weight off the leg. Working with him in the trailer has helped me to appreciate our home more and has also taught me patience. There are always lessons in life to build character.

I'm thankful for his recovery going well and thankful that I'll be able to get back to my job this next Monday (LOL intended). My husband has his schedule down well, and I've stocked our little trailer with good things to eat!

Hugs, Jeannette