Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, May 14, 2011.

1. quanked

quanked Member

I am not sure whether or not I should ask about this here as there seems to be a an almost non-existent discussion on XMRV at this time.

Anyone here who would consider or not consider getting the blood work done now?

My doctor filled out the paper work for me to get the work done. I just cannot sift through all the different opinions about whether XMRV is still a factor in CFIDS/ME.

Any input will be appreciated and thanks in advance.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I personally believe that if XMRV were a factor in CFS, it would have been proven by now. Why can't most other labs not associated with the WPI find it in CFS samples? At this point, I don't think that XMRV is going to be the smoking gun that people were hoping for.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2011]
  3. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi quanked!

I also don't really believe in the XMRV factor in CFS! I have tried to follow what I have read, what ppl. on this board have said and what many doctors think! So confusing, more studies need to be done and now they are coming out with other reasons and or factors re:CFS research. I hope and pray that the scientists and doctors will figure this out someday soon for SO many ppl. are suffering so badly! I don't know what to believe at this point. Unfortuntly, unless or until more studies have been done we all have to play the waiting game! My dr. who specializes in internal medicine does not think I should bother getting tested at this point.

I hope you find more answers regarding this subject from others on the board. I hope I helped even if it was just a little bit!

Faith and Peace, Julie (Earthdog)

4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

if i had the extra money i would get tested but also at the end of the day i dont think i could afford ARV's and other treatments for it, plus also not sure if a doc in australia would prescribe any treatments for it yet