requesting prayers during this emotional time

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by upnightowl, Dec 17, 2003.

1. upnightowl

upnightowl New Member

My son and his finance are splitting. She brought a adorable little girl into our lives when she started seeing our son and we have become so close and love this little one with our whole hearts. She would come spend the weekend with us and we have been so involved with her activities. We have not seen her since August as her mother has kept her away. I have never said anything negative about her mother around her nor would I ever. She does not need to be in the middle of this problem. Unfortunately she will be the loser in this as our son is not her biological father, but is the only father she has ever known.

She called and invited us to her Christmas program at school tonight. I could not tell her no, but her other grandmother has never been nice to us, in fact very agrumentative to us. My son said we will go but sit across the auditorium from them.

So I send a prayer request out for prayers for this little one and myself too. Please pray that we can go see her preform and give her one last kiss and there be no yelling and scenes made in front of her. I really don't need the stress this has brought on, I do not handle confortations very well and the unknown of how this lady will react has me tied in knots. And then the emotions of seeing this little angel again knowing it will be the last is breaking my heart. I pray all goes well and I can keep a smile on my face as I hug her this last time,let me keep the tears at bay until I reach the car. One last prayer, let her know as she grows up that our love follows her and keeps her safe.

Thanks to all for your support and prayers

K

2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sorry your losing this little girl and her mom from your families life. That`s very hard and heartbreaking for you. Praying that it goes smoothly for you going to her program. Also praying that God heals the hurt imvoloved in this for all of you.

Best wishes,
    Sandy
  3. upnightowl

upnightowl New Member

Thanks Sandy for your prayers!

We went to the Christmas program and she was adorable. She was a penquin. The theme was a zooable Christmas. We were able to tape it so i will be able to play it back whenever.

During the program she spied us in the audience and smiled and gave a big wave. I'm sure her teacher loved that. Afterwards we waited in the hall and here she came with mother and grandmother. She spied us and came running all smiles. She immediately wanted my husband to pick her up. So we got to give her hugs and kisses and tell her how beautiful she looked and what a wonderful job she did in the program and that we loved her so much. Her mother and grandmother did not start anything, just stood there ignoring us it was uncomfortable but went okay.

I appreciate the prayers and know they were answered by God that we all could see other and not have a scene. I ask God to watch over this little one and keep her safe.

Thanks again and wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

Wishing you a beautiful day

K
  4. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

I do no what you are going through and my hearts goes out to you and your family.
    I use to have a little neice ( by marriage) she was only 3 months old when she came to live with me and my husband. When she turned 3 years old her mother and father seperated and her mother took her to live in another state and it was so heartbreaking. I haven't seen or heard from her since then and that was in 1990.

It is so easy to get attached to a little one then to have them leave you is so hard. When anyone is going through all this during the holidays it makes it much worse.

I will certainly be praying for you, your family and this precious little girl.

Many Blessings to you, Judy
  5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

My heart reaches out to you, know too how you feel. I have 2 neices and a nephew that stayed with me, along with my sister and her boyfriend. My sister was young at the time. Developed schizo, and mental problems. The dad thought it best to get the kids away from it. And his decision was a good one. My sister to this day has problems, is diabled from them. I only have seen my nephew and 2 neices once since they went away with their daddy. I do have a tape with them on it too, and watch it when missing them. I named the youngest neice too when she was born. When she was born, they were thinking on putting her up for adoption. So glad they didn't and the father has said so too. Just wish I could see and visit them. They live far from me. Havn't heard from them in years.

Anyways, not meaning to go on and on about myself. I pray everything will turn out for the best. She is a lucky little girl to be so loved by many.

God Bless! Sunshyne
  6. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

This is a tuff situation and I hope and pray that You both get to continue seeing this little girl. I know she must feel like yalls own. I will be praying to the Lord that he continues to guide all parties involved with this girl and guides everyone. May you all be blessed, especially this little girl.

Danny