Requip -- more questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Juloo, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

I posted in the last week or so about experiences w/Requip. I started the titration pack and the 0.25 (lowest dose) worked well. After two days, I moved up to 0.5. The first night was *ok*, but the second night I was nauseated and finally got up in the middle of the night to throw up. As you can imagine, I stopped taking the medicine.

I saw Dr. Bullington at the Atlanta FFC and told her my experience (she is not the prescribing doctor, it was my first visit), and she suggested I back down to the 0.25 and try again to see if the symptoms come back.

So I'm asking...did anyone on this have symptoms when you started? Did you stay on a certain dose and have the symptoms go away? Did you reduce the dose symptom-free?

Understandably, the vomiting is a deal-breaker for me. The medicine did help with the twitches, though.
  2. MerrimackRiver

MerrimackRiver New Member

So sorry to hear you are having problems with this med. I've been on it since September and have had no problems. It has been a godsend for me. I'm on 1-1/4 mg.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I called the pharmacist yesterday to make sure it was okay to cut the tablets in half so I could try the 0.25 dose again, and I did that last night. I woke up about 12:30 with diarrhea and nausea and barely managed to escape another bout of vomiting. (And to top it off, I had bitten my tongue in my sleep again, so I was in pain as well.)

Darn. So, another two hours of lost sleep last night (although I did get to see Christopher Knight propose to Adrienne Curry on "My Fair Brady").

Thanks to everyone who replied.