rescheduled peptide doc appt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Well, I did not get well enough to make the appt I had for tomorrow to get a peptide injection, so it's now rescheduled for April 3rd. I hate this, not being able to get well enough to get the treatment that may help me get well ---

Anyways, hopefully I'll make the next one. Am a bit discouraged today and still tired from being sick.

Mary
  2. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

Mary,

I too went through a period that I was sick with a bad cold for 4 wks and because of that cold I went into a really bad flare with my RA. The doc gave me prednisone for the flare and I was suppose to only be on it for a short time so I could get the peptide shots. I couldn't get off the drug so my doc was able to give me an additional shot to conteract the prednisone at the same time I received the first peptide shot. It worked for me but it may not be the same for everyone. The doc just wants it to work for you and knows best. Sometimes time can feel like it just stands still. Try to think positive and know that your time is coming.

I will be praying for you,
    Vicki
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This is the second time I've had to change this appt, and I've been sick for almost 2 weeks, so it's a little difficult to be patient right now, but I know I have no choice. Just today it's a little difficult. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

I'm glad your doctor was able to fix it so you could get your first peptide shot. I am really amazed at how much it has helped you, and very glad for you too. I hope I get to do it soon. Thanks for your prayers -

Mary
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I will be fine, just got really bummed today but I know I'll bounce back. I do meditate almost every day and that helps.

So I will post when I finally do get the injection (part of me wonders IF, not when, I'm able to get it! that part is sort of angry [at who I don't know, no one really to be angry at but that's the way I feel]). And I know when I finally start to get well again my mood will pick up. It's unusual for me to be sick this long.

Thanks for listening!

Mary
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am starting to feel better again (for the second time), hopefully this one will last. Yeah, it is bad enough having to deal wtih CFS, but then to be too sick to get the treatment, well, that feels like being kicked when you are down. I think I am turning the corner this time and really hope to make the next appt.

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling worse. My chiropractor who does muscle testing was the first person who was able to help me at all. I would have been lost without him, so I can't recommend someone like that highly enough, and they're generally much cheaper than regular doctors. You might consider seeing one. He helped me with my adrenals when I was weak as a kitten and the doctor didn't have a clue what to do except give me an antidepressant which made me feel like crap (which I stopped immediately). The chiro also helped with several digestive issues which were wiping me out, and again my regular doctor was clueless. I really would have been lost without the chiropractor. They can also test all your meds and supplements to see if they're helping you - some of them may be making you feel worse.

Take care -

Mary
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry you had to postpone but, as I'm sure you know, it's better to be well enough to give the shot a good chance to work.

In the beginning, I had to postpone my injections for six months due to a reactivation of a chronic viral infection.

The last two shots don't seem to have done much at all and now, I'm in a flare. I need to talk to the doc when I go in for #5. I hope this is just a setback and not the shot's stopping my healing. I was under the impression that if the first couple of shot worked, they would continue to work.

Good luck. Sending up a little prayer for you.

Love, Mikie

7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I knew you had to wait awhile before your first injection, didn't realize it was 6 months! I think my patience is wearing thin because I've been sick so long (as so many of us have!). Also, I'm just a little worried because I get sick at the drop of the hat so I think the odds of me being able to make any appointment are 50-50. I have to be extremely careful not to crash again before teh next appt because I get sick every time I crash, which means watching everything I do and conserving all my energy for the next 2-1/2 weeks, plus being prepared for the long drive, all of it combined makes the whole thing a bit daunting just to even try it.

I do hope it's just a temporary setback for you! I wonder if they ever get bad batches of the peptides? I hope your doc has some answers for you -

Best wishes,

Mary
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You're absolutely right about not worrying about making the appt. Usually I am better than this, at just accepting how things are and dealing with them and not worrying, which doesn't accomplish anything. I think it's because I've been fighting this bug so long (am worse again today), that my reserves are low, and I start to think more negatively. It is unsual for me to be sick this long - anyways, thanks for your support!

Mary
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was coming down with a stomach virus on the day of my first shot but we didn't know it at the time. I got sick on the way home and was sick for more than 24 hrs. Doc said he was surprised the shot worked at all. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they won't work if we are sick. I just think they work better if our immune systems are not fighting off an infection. We are all so different.

I'm doing much better today. I think the two days of rest really helped me. I went out to lunch with neighbors and we had a good time. We sat on the balcony all morning drinking coffee to catch up after my absence. No one here has an abundance of energy so, at least, I'm not always trying to keep up. We are all on BP meds and believe that has something to do with it. The doc told Barb, next door, that BP meds can cause fatigue. Still, a flare is way beyond the fatigue from the BP meds. I'm just thankful my flare wasn't severe and I got over it in two days. Who knows how much worse it might have been without the shots.

Keeping you in my prayers. I just looked at it this way: Everything in its own time. It'll happen when it's supposed to happen. It helped me to wait it out til I could get the shots. I'm not a patient woman and waiting isn't easy for me; just ask my kids :)

Love, Mikie
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am really glad to hear you're doing better and that you got over the flare. So hopefully the shots are still helping, if not as much as in the beginning.

And it is good to know that you were getting sick the day of your first shot and it still managed to help you a lot. All encouraging.

Have you tried taking your BP meds at night? I've read of some people doing that to minimize the fatigue they can cause. I'm sure you've thought of this already.

Well, I have no choice but to be patient - getting upset and anxious and impatient only makes me upset and anxious and impatient and doesn't accomplish anything, and actually makes it that much more likely that I WOULDN'T make the next appt, so am working on patience. Also, I really am starting to feel better so that will make it easier.

Thanks for your prayers and concern -

Best wishes,

Mary
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So glad you are feeling better. So am I. I had more energy today and got some gardening done out in front of our condo bldg. We have gardeners but they just don't trim well.

Yesterday and today, my BP is fine but my heart rate is waaaay too high, 120 today and 109 yesterday. I'm cutting out caffeine until I get it down. If it's still high on Mon., I'm going to call the doc. This is a bit scary.

Hope and pray you continue to feel better.

Love, Mikie