Research shows grapefruit seed extract kills lyme

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by zoster, Jan 17, 2008.

1. zoster

zoster New Member

I came across this paper while looking into the Lyme issue and natural treatments;

Grapefruit Seed Extract is a Powerful in vitro Agent Against Motile and Cystic Forms of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/f203647324701025/

I thought some of you guys would be interested. I have found an organic brand which I think I'll give a try.

Best to all
    Z
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Knowledge of any and all 'weapons' are definitely welcome!

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I used to take this for an antifungal for my yeast. But I've read that it can interfere with abx, so I stopped taking it. I did take it for over six months though, so I hope it helped.

dar
  4. Poppy2

Poppy2 New Member

The antibiotics I am taking say on the bottle, no grapefruit or grapefruit juice. I guess it interferes with the medication. Thanks Poppy
  5. wld285

wld285 New Member

....does interfere with alot of other medications also. One would have to be careful.

Linda
  6. munch1958

munch1958 Member

But I found it to be slimy due to the glycerin base. I just couldn't choke it down. It's gross and bitter.
  7. zoster

zoster New Member

I just came across the book called "The top ten treatments for Lyme disease" some of it is uploaded onto google books to read. It also mentions GSE for Lyme treatment but doesn't have the bit mentioning the dosage - it hadn't been uploaded.

Does anyone have the book? Would you mind posting the recommended dosage of GSE from it?

Best wishes
    Love Z
  8. Chootik

Chootik New Member

He said it's a natural Cyst buster, but I guess since it interfers with ABX then maybe not a great choice for us!

Chootik