Research: silver nanoparticles to treat viruses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Oct 23, 2005.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

As published on the Free Market News Web site

In a groundbreaking study, the Journal of Nanotechnology has
    published a study that found silver nanoparticles kills HIV-1 and is
    likely to kill virtually any other virus. The study, which was
    conducted by the University of Texas and Mexico University, is the
    first medical study to ever explore the benefits of silver
    nanoparticles, according to Physorg.

During the study, researchers used three different methods of
    limiting the size of the silver nanoparticles by using capping
    agents. The capping agents were foamy carbon, poly (PVP), and bovine
    serum albumin (BSA). The particles ranged in size from 1 to 10
    nanometers depending on the method of capping. After incubating the
    HIV-1 virus at 37 C, the silver particles killed 100% of the virus
    within 3 hours for all three methods. The scientists believe that the
    silver particles bonded through glycoprotein knobs on the virus with
    spacing of about 22 nanometers in length.

While further research is needed, researchers are optimistic that
    nanological silver may be the silver bullet to kill viruses. The
    researchers in the study said that they had already begin experiments
    using silver nanoparticles to kill what is known as the super bug
    (Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus). Already used as a
    topical antibiotic in the medical industry, silver may now come under
    consideration as an alternative to drugs when it comes to fighting
    previously untreatable viruses such as the Tamiflu resistant avian
    flu.
  2. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Tansy,

This is interesting.

Thanks for posting it.

I am also curious if this is the same as colloidal silver.
  3. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Could this be a historical turning point for medicine Tansy? .Suddenly I am thinking we could all benefit indirectly as the fear of a global pandemic is driving and funding viral research
    Thanks for the info.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Like Storm, I'm wondering if colloidal silver would do.

Thanks
    Rosie
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

My understanding of this is it's the size of the silver particles that matter, so I presume the smaller the particles the more effective they will be. Particle size appears to be more important than the PPM (parts per million).

There is a non-commercial website which provides information on silver which is worth checking out. You can find it at
    http://www.silvermedicine.org/

From the Silvergen web site.

IS MORE PPM REALLY BETTER?

PPM of colloidal silver needs to be understood in its entirety. PPM means parts per million. By definition 1 PPM is 1 milligram of silver deposited in 1 liter of water (1,000 ml).

If one were to ingest that 1 mg. piece of silver, it would not do much good. If you were to divide that 1 mg. into 1,000,000 particles of silver, it would then have much more efficacy because it takes one particle of silver to disable 1 pathogen.

The silver is now 1,000,000 times better than 1 piece of silver even though by definition it is still only 1 PPM. If one were to further divide the 1 mg piece of silver into 100,000,000 particles, it would be very beneficial indeed.

And so as the silver is more finely divided the PPM by definition remains the same.

So, what really counts is not how many PPM the silver is but how many particles the silver has been divided into, that is why it isn't necessary to have high PPM but it IS important to divide the silver as finely as possible.

.....It is not better to try to take high PPM colloidal silver but to take CS that is properly made. If you think more silver is necessary, just take more of better made low PPM colloidal silver and you will be further ahead than if you took poorly made, high PPM colloidal silver.

If the colloidal silver is properly made it will be crystal clear. This is because the particles are too small to reflect any light. If it shows any color, the particles are too large. The first color seen is yellow. As the particle size increases other colors such as red, green, blue, brown or black may be seen. Any color seen will indicate CS that is not very good.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2005]
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I was thinking of buying CS so I will be very careful. I have sourced cheap CS in the States but will look into it a bit longer.

love
    Rosie
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

There are two effective silver products being used for borreliosis/lyme and other infections. The stronger version is recommended for use only on the advice of a practioner, the other version is often self prescribed yet still effective enough for new users needing to start on low doses.

This silver product is called Sovereign Silver.

love, Tansy
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I was looking online last night for sellers in the UK - I found two. I will look for the sovereign silver.

love
    Rosie