Research - Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leomonkey, Feb 5, 2006.

1. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I read an article involving Dr. Cheney about Heart Mulfunction and its role in CFS. It can be accessed from this site... titled The Heart of the Matter: CFS & Cardiac Issues and written by Carol Sieverling (Apr 05).

I found it most interesting. I had not considered the role of the heart as much until I read this article. It made me consider that an approach addressing issues with mitochondria should take precedent over viral/bacterial/fungus interventions.

Any thoughts on this?

Dr. Myhill also has an article that speaks to a similar idea titled, CFS is Heart Failure Secondary to Mitochondrial Malfunction.
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

My first doctor for the DD diagnosed me with "mitochondrial malfunction", but didn't know about anything that could help.

Does anyone here know things that help the mitochondria to function? From what my foggy memory tells me, calcium pyruvate and maybe ribose are good... haven't done any research so far.

Thanks for posting this, leomonkey. I didn't realise the mitochondrial issues are so important.
    (((thank you))) Shannon
  3. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

Thanks Shannon

Myhill's article says...
    Dr Sinatra has developed several schemes for age management, high blood pressure, arrhythmias, mitral valve prolapse, congestive cardiac failure, syndrome X, for professional and world class athletes, but also for fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and mitochondrial cytopathies. He recommends the following daily cocktail for CFS:

*Co-enzyme Q 10 300 - 360mg (the oil of the engine, this moves electrons from one molecule to another)

*L-carnitine 2,000 - 3,000mg (the oil of the engine, this moves ATP and ADP across mito membranes)

*D-ribose 15grams (the raw material to make new ATP)

*Magnesium 400 - 800mg (the spark plugs, this fires up many enzyme reactions)

The other article was so technical... it went from stating how to decrease nitrous oxide on the body and continued on... just got lost ;)
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Thanks for summing up. I too get lost in technical articles.
  5. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

I just heard of an experiment Tietalbaum has completed with a certain brand of d-ribose which had a significant effect on fatigue levels.
  6. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I'll keep my eyes open for a study or article ;)