RESEARCH?... :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jamedw1, Mar 22, 2003.

1. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

suggestions?... some really, really, really good smelling, warm, rubbing-in type body oils...
    and where to find them...
    did i mention "really, really good"...
    and warm...
    and good smelling... :)
    G H and the such to you all
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry, can't help! Most of those really,really, good smelling oils give me a really, really big sinus attack!

I am sure there are many people here who can make some suggestions for you..................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

lavender is good... and thank you...
    i gotta think there's a few others out there, tho... :)
    can i use that coconut oil... does it work externally?...
    j/k, but still looking for a "shopping list"...
    thanks for any and all imput...
    ed
  4. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

Hi Jam,

You can get some unsented massage oils/lotion from all kinds of stores and then get some essential oils from a natural food store/herb store and make your own. Just add about 4 drops of say lavender oil to 4 oz of an oil or lotion. Go lightly first; drop 2 drops, then shake it, then add more as needed to your liking - also check it on your skin to make sure you don't have an alergic reaction.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  5. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

they all sound so... well, tasty... :)
    (especially the peppermint one!)...
    thank you...
    ed
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I am wondering if you are actually looking for something that makes you stop hurting for awhile? There is a product called "Equibloc", that does more than most human products that I have tried. As the name implies, it was designed for horses, and is bought at feed stores. It was approved for use on humans several years ago by the FDA. It is a capsaicin based product and has a very pleasant, clean fragrance which completely disappears as the product is rubbed in. It is not cheap, about $35 for a jar which should last 2 - 3 months, but it is 100% guaranteed. Use it for 30 days, and if you don't like it, call their 800 number and get 100% of your money back, including shipping if you had to order it. If you decide to try it, ignore the directions. Put on 2 applications about 15 - 20 minutes apart. About 1 tablespoon covers my entire shoulder area. Wash hands with soap TWICE after each application. Use it at least 5 - 6 times a day for 7 - 10 days. After that you can start cutting down until you are using it only twice a day. The only side effect that I noticed was a slight rash if I did not leave the application site open to air for about 30 minutes after application. If you get any of this stuff in your eyes or on a "sensitive" area, you will not be happy.
    Kathryn
  7. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

i was looking for something a little more romantic sounding, and perhaps slightly edible...
    but i close my eyes to NO suggestion...
    they are ALL appreciated...
    there is room for practicality as well as romance...
    thank you for even r.s.v.p.ing... :)
    ed
  8. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

like to try the essential oil called ylangylang its very warm and very relaxing and makes you feel very very nice.
    i love essential oils in my bath. its areally easy wy to de-stress and it takes away the pain for a while.
    pinkquartz
  9. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

and it's taken me down a whole new world of relaxation possibilities, and perfect alternatives...
    not to mention the "sensual" aspects...
    thank you for helping me in the right direction... :)
    G H and the such...
    ed