Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by resignedtofibro, Jun 4, 2008.

1. resignedtofibro

resignedtofibro New Member

Hi! I'm new to this site also. I've been diagnosed with FM, CFS, and Chronic migraines for about almost 2 years. I take Lyrica 150 mg. in am and 150mg. in pm. I did very well with this and was off any pain meds. for about 6 mths. then the pain and fatigue got unbearable again, and I was back on percocet twice a day. I still take the Lyrica also, and topamax for my migaines (which works well) but my PCP is worried about addiction to the percocet, and thinks I need to be off that. I can't function without it at this time. Without it, I'm in bed, unable to exercise or do daily activities. I wish these Doctors would understand that chronic pain rarely leads to addiction from everthing that I've read. Anybody have any views on this?
  2. nixon

nixon New Member

Hi.....I've was dx with fibro 3/06 it took me quite a while to find the RIGHT dr. who can manage my fibro. I still SUFFER alot, but FINALLY found a good general physician who BELIEVES in Fibro. Just yesterday she swithed me from Oxycodone 10/350 3 times a day to MS CONTIN 2x per day with another script of oxycodone 1x per day for breakthrough pain. I'm praying that this will be the ticket!! I'd probably search for a new doc if this one isn't taking care of your pain problems. Just my thoughts......hope it helps. Andrea