Resistance/muscle training - when not to do it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ali-may, Sep 27, 2002.

1. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Hi - another question! I've searched the posts for info on this, but can't find anything.

I do resistance training 3 - 4 times a week. Nothing major, just 20 reps with relatively light weights. It just builds up my muscle tone a little bit.

Today I have my "achey arm" symptom - should I avoid resistance training on days like this? And wait until the aching is gone? Or is it ok to go ahead and train?

Thanks in advance,
    Alison

2. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Hi - another question! I've searched the posts for info on this, but can't find anything.

I do resistance training 3 - 4 times a week. Nothing major, just 20 reps with relatively light weights. It just builds up my muscle tone a little bit.

Today I have my "achey arm" symptom - should I avoid resistance training on days like this? And wait until the aching is gone? Or is it ok to go ahead and train?

Thanks in advance,
    Alison

3. sean

sean New Member

I think only you can answer that question alison, you need to try things out for yourself and see what reaction you get, just because you get an achey arm it does not necessarily mean it is due to the resistance training, although if things get worse and worse, it might be worth stopping for a while. Personally I think exercise is extremely important, in relieving symptoms, as long as it is in moderation. The best exercises for this condition, are stretching and aerobic exercises, but don't over do it, are you might regret it.