Resless leg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lorrie4real, Mar 23, 2006.

1. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

Hi, I wrote the other day about no sleep, well I was so tired today that I left work which I hardly ever do. But this restless leg is driving me insaine, my dr. won't give me anything for it and I'm at a loss, I can't sit still for more than 5 min. and hot baths only last half an hour. What do you others do about yours, it effects my work performance, I can't sit at the computer for more than 15min at a time, I shake mylegs constantly.

The little rest i got this afternoon felt better and I hope I can get some more, I really like being on here I feel I can say what ever I need to Thanks for Listening. Lorrie
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Do you have RLS?

There is prescription Requip or you can take a supplement Sam-E.

Take care,
    Claudia
  3. cosmoo

cosmoo New Member

HI,
    Well the first thing I would do is get another Docter!! You have a legitimate problem (assuming a correct diagnosis by a DR. ) and there are many things that will help this considerably. A sleep test by a sleep DR. while not always necessary can shed alot of light on what is really going on and why it continues for you all day.

There are many good meds to help this, a few supplements that have a bit of impact and often iron infusions are helpful (need to have your ferriten levels checked for this).

Do all you can to find someone elso who will listen to you and help you before you lose your job over no sleep and crazy legs. You deserve better!!

Best wishes
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

My mom has restless legs and also takes requip. It stops it,when she takes it.
  5. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

Thank you all for the response, I would really like to try requip, I've heard it works well, I have been going thru the phone book for Dr. and none will take me so far, since all the medicare changes, but I'm still looking. I do take supplements when I can afford them, I know I must take them on a regular basis, I have tried Sam E I just did'nt take it long enough. I had a sleep study done and I stopped breathing 28 times an hour and woke up 127 times in 5 hours so I don't get good sleep I am on a c-pap, when I can sleep thru the noise. I know I need to become more consistant with one or all of these things. But it's like I'm sick of being sick and I don't want to be sick so I keep trying and won't give up. Sound funny. Thanks too I don't feel so alone. I have a wonderful boyfriend so understtanding but he gets wore out too. Thanks again for the responses. Lorrie
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I've been taking it for 6 years...no problems with it and it clears up the RLS. I can sleep pretty well with it- actually, I never let myself run out of it since it works so well... good luck! Terri
  7. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

Terri,
    Thank you for the informaation I will be sure to ask my Dr. about it, Sounds like a good deal. Thanks Lorrie