Response to drjbreck

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Roxi, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Roxi

Roxi New Member

You're on to it! I told my own doc I thought it was due to overproduction of adrenaline and she blinked at me. I was a medical assistant for 30 years. Now I'm a vegetable. My diagnosis came after panic attacks caused by an abusive employer, a doctor of all people. Spent 2 days in the hospital for heart studies after showing BP of 190/100, "funny EKG and enzymes". Sent home with "clean bill of health". Am told I have FMS, IBS, probable recurrant pancreatitis, a cyst on 1 kidney. Osteoarthritis many years. Born with scoliosis, sacralized L5, loss of cervical lordosis. Mentioned the cortisol/adrenal angle to my doctor and got another blink. Is this syndrome an acquired dysautonomia possibly viral in origin? I take Atenolol with no lessening of symptoms. I have extreme gelling phenomenon so mornings are the worst. Please keep up the good work. We are desparate. If I can be of any help to you please ask. Roxi
  2. Roxi

Roxi New Member

You're on to it! I told my own doc I thought it was due to overproduction of adrenaline and she blinked at me. I was a medical assistant for 30 years. Now I'm a vegetable. My diagnosis came after panic attacks caused by an abusive employer, a doctor of all people. Spent 2 days in the hospital for heart studies after showing BP of 190/100, "funny EKG and enzymes". Sent home with "clean bill of health". Am told I have FMS, IBS, probable recurrant pancreatitis, a cyst on 1 kidney. Osteoarthritis many years. Born with scoliosis, sacralized L5, loss of cervical lordosis. Mentioned the cortisol/adrenal angle to my doctor and got another blink. Is this syndrome an acquired dysautonomia possibly viral in origin? I take Atenolol with no lessening of symptoms. I have extreme gelling phenomenon so mornings are the worst. Please keep up the good work. We are desparate. If I can be of any help to you please ask. Roxi
  3. drjbreck

drjbreck New Member

Hello,

I'm glad my theory may help your physician lead to a clear diagnosis. As for me, I've been very busy with research. I apologize to everyone who's e-mails or posts I have yet to answer and I shall respond as soon as possible.

JLB
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am glad you are still here, we will be patient, good luck!

Thank you so much for finding us.

Jaci
  5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Hydrocortisone sounds great! It's 3:00 a.m. and here I sit. My doctor has already ixnayed the Prednisone I asked for 2 years ago. Now to find another doctor...but, where....
  6. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

On another message board I frequent they've been discussing DHEA which I guess is an adrenal hormone. There is a report about how the symptoms of CFS is caused by an imbalance between DHEA and melatonin. They say that something, a virus perhaps, has damaged the adrenal glands so that not enough DHEA is produced. To read this report go to the search engine at naples dot net and type in CFS, melatonin and DHEA. It an interesting theory.
    I have been recommending that people here try the three step protocol to treat immune disease that is outlined by the Endometriosis Assoc.. Endometriosis is very prevelant in CFS sufferers. I suggested using this protocol even if they haven't got endometriosis because it might prevent them from getting endo, but it sounds like it might even be more beneficial than that.
    The Endometriosis Assoc. believes that immune disease may be the cause behind endometriosis. The Endometriosis Association's three step protocol suggests treating allergies by desensitization, treating candidias ,and checking hormone levels. They recommend specifically testing DHEA, cortisone and free and total testosterone as well as various thyroid tests. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a doctor willing to help me do this protocol. Those woman who were following this regime at the Endometriosis Assoc. reported renewed health after the initial effects of die off of the candida. One of them was the organization's president, Marylou Ballweg. This was a while ago. Haven't checked to see if it is still working for them, but I suspect they may be on to something good. You may also want to read other the reports at naples dot net about DHEA. There's some interesting stuff there.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/06/2002]