Restarting Mirapex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Feb 24, 2007.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Ok so the pain is out of control, including my RLS so Im refilling an old Mirapex Rx that I had.

I was on the max 4.5 mgs. for a few months when I started noticing little things that I would get compulsive about. First they were harmless things like I liked my house to look neat so I was always making sure things were neat....but I wasnt overboard by far!!!

The one thing I did go overboard with was spending. But the thing was is that I had a full time job and some extra cash. Right now....Im on disability and I dont have the money so I hoping thats gonna make the difference.

The Mirapex was a heaven sent med for me and I have been sleeping so much better on it since I started it again.

Wish me luck everyone! I really want to make it work this time around!!!!

Hugs everyone!
    Steph
  2. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

I don't have RLS, just pain. Does the Mirapex help with the pain? Also, does it make you sleepy or can it be taken during the day?

Thanks in advance!
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Some people have claimed that Mirapex has "cured" their FM.

The majority of my pain is in my legs so I do belive it does help the pain along with the RLS.

It does not make me tired, but Im not sure if it is a possible side effect....everyone is different. Ive heard of medications that are known to knock people out that keep some people up all night.

They increase the dosage slowly so the side effects arent really noticeable. They worry about your blood pressure dropping too low when you first start on it which is why I think Ive been so cold lately! LOL!!!

Hope this helps!

Steph
  4. jennbug

jennbug New Member

I started on mirapex in Dec.06 It keeps me awake at night. The RLS is completely gone as is 75% of the pain ;) I have not noticed any compulsive behavior yet... Steph do you take mirapex at night and during the day? jen.
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I am on Requip for RLS and it is some good stuff. I take it at night and at first it helped me sleep but after the first two weeks that good side effect was gone. It is great though for my legs. They were getting so out of hand. I can take it now at about 7:00 p.m. and that is when I sit down for the evening and usually it all starts. In just a short time, my legs feel normal and I am comfortable the rest of the night.
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I split up the daily dosage in into 3 dosages. Thats what my doc wanted me to do. Maybe thats why I dont get drowzy of wired off of it.
  7. ETN

ETN New Member

I started it almost 6 weeks ago. I do not have RLS. I had a sleep study done so I know I don't have that.
    But I literally have been on every med for insomnia but Xyrem so when I was at my appt 6 weeks ago he said "lets try something and see if it works" So he put me on Mirapex to see if it helped.
    I couldn't believe how much better I have been sleeping. The first night I was shocked. I woke up pretty darn refreshed. I couldn't believe it.
    I literally hadn't slept like that in years!!!
    So my fibro doc will be happy to hear at least I am sleeping finally!
    So I guess it has something to do with the dopamine.
    I have to research on the internet about all of that.