RestEZ for Relaxation & Sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DonnaMarie, Jun 6, 2003.

1. DonnaMarie

DonnaMarie New Member

This is the product I use for sleep!

RestEZ has valerian, kava, passion flower, and hops—natural herbs.

It works on me and I am an insomniac, have always been an insomniac, this isn't just a new thing since my CFS/FM

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

seems like I am following you around today! I am also a born insomniac too. Have suffered with nonsleep before the FM too.

From what I have studied about FM, this is a boni-fide symptom of FM.

I could not take the RestEZ, I am allergic to Hops.

But I do take ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6) and it has changed my life with sleep. I went from a 'nighthawk' to someone who sleeps 7-8 hours deeply every night now.

I have been taking ZMA for a year now, and for the first time in a lifetime of not being able to sleep, I am sleeping almost like a normal person.

If you are interest in reading about ZMA, just go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page, and type in ZMA. There is a lot of information on it.

This has been a miracle in my life. My symptoms are way down since I am sleeping soundly.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

How long have you been taking ZMA? I have taken it for a couple of years. In the beginning, it worked great, but now, it doesn't. I sleep, but the max amount I get is 6 hours & I still feel tired when I get up.

Eve
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been taking the ZMA since last Feburary 2002. I only take the brand by SNAC (which Pro Health also sells), I tried other brands and they did nothing for me.

I also take Melatonin right before bed. It helps me fall asleep.

I used to take 3 milligrams of the Melatonin, but have just cut it down to 1 1/2 milligrams. It is working fine.

I take two capsules of ZMA at night.

I sure hope it does not stop working for me, I would not want to face being up all night again!

Hope you get some quality sleep.............

Shalom, Shirl
  5. DonnaMarie

DonnaMarie New Member

Thanks Shirl for the info on what you use but RestEz works great for me. :)

hugs,

Donna
  6. sb439

sb439 New Member

has been recently shown to damage the liver, it has therefore been banned in several European countries, so I'd be careful with RestEZ, as it has kava as an ingredient.

Hops is also known to produce a hangover effect in many people.

So if you want to be on the safe side and take herbs, it may be better if you choose just valerian (has been shown in scientific studies to be effective on its own on a level comparative to over the counter sleeping meds like benadryl), or valerian and lemon balm, both don't produce a hangover effect.

Susanne