Restless leg feelings in back?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Jan 18, 2006.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

Hi,I haven't been on for awhile and I apologize, Between the holidays and the flu, I've been out of it. Anyway, lately I've been have strange feelings in my back. This happens in the morning and wakes me up. That creepy, crawly feeling is unbearable (that we get in our legs at night) and it's all over my back. I'm using fentanyl patches for pain and I've been experimenting with them thinking that I'm going thru withdrawls from them. It happened last week at the start of my flu but I hadn't worn the patch for 2 days and then it happened yesterday and today (in the a.m. only) and I had taken the patch off on Monday a.m. I'm supposed to change the patch every 2 days but I leave it on for 3. Could this be withdrawal symptoms? If it is, I would like to stop wearing the patch altogher...any ideas? Could this just be another type of flair up that I've never experienced before? I appreciate any feedback to this. The feeling is just like restless leg symptoms and it's unbearable. Thanks.
  2. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

I was on the patch for about a year, and I experienced a lot of weird symptoms while I was on it that I never had again after I quit using it...

You need to be really careful about being regular about changing your patch. After being on it for a while I had horrible withdrawl symptoms even if I was 6 hours late changing it. So, it may very well be withdrawls.

Or it could be just another strange Fibro thing. You never can tell. Experiment a little, if nothing helps blame it on the Fibro! LOL

Hope you find answers and relief soon
    Hugs!
  3. debswen5

debswen5 New Member

The creepy crawly feeling you are having may be nocturnal myoclonus. You get the feeling usually when you are just falling asleep. Try laying on your stomach to see if the feeling goes away. I take clonazepam (Rx) for mine because without it, as soon as I fall asleep my limbs start to jerk around spontaneously which wakes me right back up.
  4. joanng

joanng New Member

For some reason I'm getting the creepy crawly feeling in the a.m. though which is weird. It wakes me up. I've tried sleeping on my stomach too but nothing helps, I can't stay still....I have some new medication for this but I didn't get it filled cause it had only happened once. I guess I'm going to get it filled and see what happens.
  5. joanng

joanng New Member

I experimented over the weekend and kept the patch off to see if it was withdrawal symptoms but nothing happened. How lucky am I that I have a new fibro symptom! RLS in my back. Crap.