restless leg or just leg pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by natrlvr2, Dec 7, 2005.

1. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have OA in both knees from all the dislocations in my life(just talking legs now,not my whole body ailments,LOL).I do get severe pain in my legs,not my knees.I can always tell it is time for my next dose of Vicodin when my legs start to hurt.I was wondering,is restless leg syndrome painful?My legs hurt so bad,I have to move them,but it is unbearable.I have this every day of my life.
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

My pain is during the day.I could not ask anyone who sleeps with me,because I am single.I wonder is RLS just at night? If so,then it is good ole FM.
  3. kaymac

kaymac New Member

I twitch and jerk all night, but the pain in my legs and restlessness starts in the early afternoon at work. Sometimes it drives me crazy and my coworkers tell me to get up and walk! I'm busy trying to finish something at my desk and my legs won't let me! But I know when I go to bed I have hard time getting still due to legs, then hubby says I twitch and jerk all night. New Doc just started me on "requip"? Says it is for RLS, we'll see how it works.

Kaymac
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

Ultram did nothing for me or any over the counter meds. I need a narcotic for my deg. disc disease.Klonopin also was another that did nothing for pain.(You name it,I mostly likely have tried it)
    My legs/ankles started dislocating when I was 14.I was in excellent shape and very athletic.For yrs. the stupid Drs. kept saying,your knees dislocate because you are not in shape and you need to strengthen you leg muscles.(give me a break!Not in MY case!) It took many yrs. of my knees dislocating and athroscopic surgery to finally find out,I have some weird defect,the groove that my kneecap sits in is too shallow.Since I now have OA in both knees(after at least 5 dislocations a yr. in each knee for 30+ yrs.),the Drs. will just wait until I need total knee replacements.