restless leg syndrome? Or what the heck?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Feb 14, 2009.

1. with that does your legs seem to twitch and move on there own or do you feel like moving them or what? My right leg feels like its shaking or moving a little and is so annoying and weird. Is this just another fibro symptom ?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Yep fibro or RLS(restless legs).
    I ve often said I should wear one of those meters to see how far i travel(especially at night).

You can get this anywhere in body.

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

While I can not diagnose if you have RLS or not, I can tell you about my experience with RLS.

The pain and moving my legs, which wake me up even when sleeping deeply, is a deep aching pain somewhat like FM pain. The movement of the legs is your bodies way to decrease this pain.

I have had this since I was 16, did not need any medication until about six years ago. It was at it's worse when I was very anemic before I had a hysterectomy. Since being diagnosed with FM/CFS, it became worse.

During a severe flare, I will feel the pain on a lower level, during the day. I do find that I often jiggle my foot which my neurologist says may be happening because I am getting pain that I am not aware of. I also have a hard time sitting for a long period of time as my legs will ache but not as severely as when I am falling asleep or asleep. It will often wake me up and thus disrupt my sleep.

Right now my RLS is pretty much controlled with clonazepam and mirapex on an as needed basis.

My suggestion is to see a neurologist who specializes in sleep disorders.

Good luck.

4. hi all,
    i too have the restless legs.what i am finding out as i get older with the fibro and all it brings with it is...

i can actually feel the blood going through my seems that my body senses are now making me aware of the simplest of touches.this happens anywhere on my body and is just always there.

i do know that i can see the muscle spasms movement, on my legs,and i do now have large veins showing up on the legs.varicose veins do run in my family on my mums side,and it would seem that ive started with them myself.i dont see any lumps in the veins as yet thank goodness,but my thoughts are that its the bloods moovement in the veins that gives me that horrible restless leg feeling.

take care,love fran
  5. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

It would seem that RLS can go with fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia is nerves over stimulated. That would make sense as an explanation for RLS also, the urge to move the leg.

With CFS, I also have twitching muscles in other places of the body. And it is more likely to happen as I am trying to rest.

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

When I first experienced restless legs, it was definitely a "I HAVE to move my legs' - there's a urgency in your legs (if that makes any sense)
    Now I have more of the jerking, especially before falling asleep.
    I also jerk any time - different parts of my body. Since many of us do, I'd say it's a Fibro thing.
    Another Fibro thing.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If it's just one leg, I'd have the doctor check it out. Is it like a tremor?

My husband has restless legs which I helped to diagnose because his legs would just arbitrarily jump as he was falling asleep and also as he slept. He didn't realize how often his sleep was disturbed by this and also mine as well.

Please never dump new symptoms in the "Fibro Basket" always talk to your doc about them.

PS. I can't believe I spelled arbitrarily right, lol!!!