Restless leg syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeavenlyRN, May 8, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Wasn't sure where to post this but since I've read from a number of people about RLS on this board, thought I'd try here.

Reading about topical pain killers on another thread got me thinking about the "Ben-Gay" I have to put on my hands at night due to degenerative arthritis in my hands.

Last night my left foot was hurting. I have RLS and sometimes it's not my whole leg that bothers me, but just my feet. Anyway, I put some of the Ben-Gay on my foot and within 5 minutes I didn't feel the RLS in my foot! I hate to think what I would smell like if I had to use it on my whole leg, but I don't care! When that happens again, I think I'll try it.

Could have just been a fluke, but it sure helped last night!
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

This is helpful for me and Spearmint scent.
    absorbine veterinary Liniment Gel ( Topical Analgesic)

You may want to give it a try, I can't be without it.
    Really helps me with Leg/foot pain .

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Topical creams do not help my FM pain nor the RLS. I am not sure if this is just me or not. My RLS stops at the bottom of my ankle bone. It is also worse in my lower leg as well as my lower arms if it gets that bad.

Is it possible you have arthritis in your feet as well as the RLS?

Hopefully, the Ben Gay will continue to help your feet. We are all so different as far as what works.

Keep us updated.

[This Message was Edited on 05/12/2010]
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I use to use lyrica for rls and it worked well for a couple of years then stopped working, topamax is another med i tried but as dose increased i started getting side effects. Now im on neurontin and its working fine.