RESTLESS LEGS-WHAT TO DO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1maqt, Dec 21, 2002.

1. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

STARTED TO GET RESTLESS LEGS ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO, NOW IT AFFECTS MY ARMS, BACK, AND CAUSES ME TO HAVE JERKY LIMBS
    NEVER KNOW WHEN. ONLY HAPPENS WHEN IN BED? WILL BE WATCHING TV WHEN ARM FLOPS OUT UNCONTROLABLEY.SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TO DO. WE HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME GETTING TO SLEEP....JUST ANOTHER PAGE IN THE BOOK.
    APPRECIATE ANY INFO THANKS 1MAQT
  2. tgirl

tgirl New Member

Hi,

I get bad attacks of it and can't sleep, but I can't take any medication for it. The only thing that brings some slight relief is to put a very rough towel under my legs/back. Somehow the extra stimulation on my skin helps a bit.

tgirl
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I too suffer severely from this at night with my back and my legs. I have to take a full tablet of flexeral an hour or two befor i go to bed or else sleep is something i don't get. I also prop up one leg and sleep on my side. I.m not able to sleep on my back or stomach at all.
    Hope this helps.
    Joannie
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi. I also get RLS. I get "jerky" while I'm laying in bed starting to fall alseep. As I'm drifting, my body jerks and I make a grunting noise. Then this week my limbs starting getting jerky during the day. My doctor just switched me to Neurontin. I didn't have any RLS last night so maybe it's working. I hope so.

Annette2
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I had restless legs, and as you mentioned the arms, and back, as well as head jerking. I weaned off elavil, and started taking Klonopin a few months ago--no kidding, I have only had one episode of all that shakin' goin' on, since then, and it was a night I was overly tired.
    It seems that the klonopin and neurontin are best for this as it appears to be neurological in nature.
    Best wishes,
    Karen
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

for the RLS. I know it has another name too but can't remember what it is. It's a medication they give to people with Parkinson's disease and is suppose to help quite well with RLS. I haven't taken it yet, but a friend of mine and her Mother both take it, they said it allowed them to get the best nights sleep they have ever had.

Dara
  7. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

which is another Parkinson's drug, and I also have the worlds worst hand tremors to go along with the RLS. I take .50 mgs. TID. It helps alot. Also I eat a banana a day and take 500mgs. of magnesium. N