RESTORIL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, May 25, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Does anyone know why Restoril would be a problem to take.
    My doctor gave me 15 mg to try for sleep.
    I would like more feedback before taking it.
    Thanks
  2. livin4him

livin4him New Member

did not help me sleep. Can't remember if I had any other side effects. I take ambien now, even it I have a hard problem with.

Take care.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

I've been taking restoril for along time and it has always worked well!! my dr suggested that we try the genaric, it's called temezapam, and i've had really good luck with that for along time it's 30mg. it coasts me 20$ a month for 30 tablets it's the only med the insurance won't pay for!.........................................................I don't mind paying for it if it helps me get a good nite's sleep!! I hope you give it a try! it's the only one that has worked for me!!.............................................goodluck ,sydney
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

worked for me but only for a while, I'm on Klonopin now and that has been a dream come true as far as sleeping and feeling good.

Michelle
  5. starmom

starmom New Member

this is a benzodiazepine drug, same family as valium. Doesn't seem to give the "high" that makes is more desirable to the creeps who make it hard to get our meds.

It is fairly mild, according to my old psychiatrist (ONLY old b/c insurance changes - wonderful, intelligent woman who explained EVERYTHING and really understood). It worked for sleep for a short while for me, but nothing ever works for very long. I have abnormal reactions to meds frequently, so don't use my experience. I really didn't get results unless I took it with other meds.

LOTS of people use this, but it is NOT an effective anti-anxiety med.

Hope this helps.

Susie
  6. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I did take this years back after getting off ambien.
    Ambien gave me short term memories loss. Oh and I also was sleep walking with it. Restoril really did not help me at all with sleep. I have also used Seri-quill not to sure on the spelling sorry, this med did give me good sleep. But now I am back to taking .5 mg of xanax at bed time and oh what great sleep I get.
    I can say I really did not know what sleep was until the xanax. I have been taking xanax for sleep 5 yrs and still at the same small dose. Hope this helps you with insight to sleep.
    Blessing,
    Michelle
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

This is one I've rotated for years. Sometimes it works; other times nothing. But for me (the canary), it's one of the milder ones. Only side affect was increased dreaming.

So far, if I rotate Dalmane & Klonopin, I do better, along with my all natural supplements.

LIGHT**********carole
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I use it once or twice a week. I don't like to take sleep meds every night and the doc said a couple of nights of good sleep were better than one!

It works fairly well for me and doesn't seem to have any side effects (well, other than I snore if I fall asleep on my back!).

Rheumy prescribed Ambien but when I went to pick it up, all 10 of them, they would of cost me $50! And that was after my insurance! I can't afford that.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  9. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

15 mg. of it along with 2 mg. of Klonopin helps me sleep.

I took Ambien for several years. Moved out of state and doctor told me it was a drug that was to be taken only for a 2 week period so he put me on the Klonopin. Moved to another state and my PCP added to Restoril. I taked the generic and 30 pills cost me $10 a mth.

Claudia
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I've taken 15 mgs. a night for about a two years and have no problems with it. I don't take it before bed, I take in when I wake up OO at around 12 a.m. and it gets me back to sleep and through the rest of the night. As someone else mentioned, it's an older drug and the generic is reasonably priced.

Ambien eventually had a rebound affect for me - it kept me awake rather than putting me to sleep - but then it's really only intended for short-term use.

Trazadone is wonderful for sleep and for anxiety when taken at night but I found it to be constipating. I still occasionally take a quarter tablet, about 12 1/2 mgs. if I'm feeling very hyper at bedtime.

Marta