Restoril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Aug 16, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

The FM doc just changed my sleep med from Ambien to Restoril. Anyone had any experience with this med?

nyrofan
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hey Nyro!

Makes me sleepy! Don't you love how the commercials for sleep meds tell you they may cause drowsiness! That's why I take them!

I take Restoril on occasion. I don't like sleep meds, but my doc says it's better to get 1 or 2 nights of good sleep a week than none so he wants me to take them at least 2 nights a week. I don't!

I took Restoril on Saturday night and slept well, the problem was I didn't take it until around 10 because I didn't realize before that that I wasn't going to be able to sleep. I slept until 10 on Sunday morning. I'm a morning person and am usually up by 6:30 or 7.

I was groggy until about 2 pm. I can't be that way at work, so I don't take it.

So, it does work. I've not used Ambien, sorry, I can't compare the two except that Restoril is much cheaper.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    I've been taking Restoril for along time! 30mg tabs. although i'm on the genaric which is called Temezapam. and yes it works pretty good for me!.............................................................I just take it with a muscle relaxer about 1 hour before bed time. Knocks me out every night!.........................Havn't Had any bad side effects from it at all!........................................Hugs...........Sydney
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I've taken it for two years. It works best for me to take it during the night when I wake up in one of the Solve The Problems of the World times, not when I first go to sleep.

I like it but it's a stinker to quit. It comes in capsules which makes it more difficult. My doctor would like me to wean off but I'm waiting until after my eye surgery. Restoril is the same class of drug as Xanax so the idea is to sneeeeeak over to Xanax which is easier to chop up.

Marta