RESULTS FROM MRI they found cause ofnumbness and tingling in legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Feb 27, 2007.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

My legs were getting numb alot and tingly.My left leg was worst than my right.

Had fallen a few times and once broke my ankle.So my neurologist sent me for MRI had a year ago.

Had a few cyst last year causing no problems this year I have 5 cyst called perineural cysts.They are located a T10-12 as well as T12- L 1 on the left side.

Next I have an appointment with neurosurgeon on 14th.I did research on my own and found that they cause numbness tingling plus lost of feeling in feet and legs.Bingo thats what happens to me.

They are also called Tarlov cyst its a rear disorder and really does not have many options.They can give injections but they don't last it comes back.Plus there may be permanent nerve damage.They give you pain killers and antidepressants for depression.Than theres surgery if you do not have to much damage.

Well I am on pain meds and antidepressants and still have pain and numbness .I just hope its not to far gone cause I really do not want to be in a wheel chair for the rest of my life.

I also have bone spurs up and down my spine and now DDD all the way up my spine.Also have Scheuermanns disease..You remember the hunch back of Notre Dame?/Well thats me and it will grow for a little more than stop.They may decide to put me in a brace but not sure yet till I talk to the surgeon.

I also have OA and lets not forget the FM/CFS oh and I am loosing my mind.

For those of you who have the numb legs with tingling please talk to your doctor about an MRI.

Thank you for listening I am bumming a bit.

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am sorry for all you are going through but do not give up hope.

There is something that can be done for Tarlov Cysts they can be resected (removed) completely -- among other things. I hope you can have this surgery in time or one of the other procedure mentioned in the first site I listed below.

This procedure must be done by an experienced neurosurgeon. From my research it appears when Tarlov (perineural) cysts are completely resected they usually do not recur.

I hope this helps ease your mind a little until you can speak with your physician.

I will pray that you have no permanent nerve damage.

Here are a few of the sites where I did some of my research.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tarlov_cysts/tarlov_cysts.htm

http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Tarlov%20Cysts

I will keep you in my prayers,

Karen :)

[This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]
  3. judithjjjj1064

judithjjjj1064 New Member

God bless you Sue, but aren't you kind of glad you know what it is? For me knowledge is power you can speak to those cysts and tell them to be moved. I will pray for you
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Karen the first sight you listed is were I got my info.They say the injections do not last long .

If its not to late I will have surgery but I will not know this till next week.

Then I have to call my regular surgeon cause I also have a cyst on my kidney . MRI printout calls it a right renal cyst.I need to have him let me know what if anything can be done.

I am sure he will call me back once hes looked at the pictures.My husband is dropping them off to him .

I thank you for your prayers.I need all I can get.well time for bed and seep I hope toooo much on my mind.

Hugs
    Sue
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I hope you know I just want to help ease you mind. I really do understand how hard the waiting is and how it seem like forever.

I am have the surgery to remove my pituitary tumor (brain tumor) on Monday March 5th -- so I just wanted you to know I do empathize on how horrible that wait is and hey you use great sites for research!!

You hang in there and take it easy OK? Try some nice bubble bath and some really good hot tea -- be good to you OK?

Take care {{{{{{{{Sue}}}}}}}}},

Karen :)
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am happy with all the help and prayers I get.

I did not know you were going in for surgery.My thoughts and prayers will be with you.I will not say hope.I will say everything will turn out OK for you.

You take care.See I did not go to bed LOL .I think Ill be up awhile longer.

God Bless
    Hugs
    I am praying for you Karen.
    Sue
  7. lynn1972

lynn1972 New Member

I also have tingling numbness, prickling ect. I have periphal neuropathy. I'm numb from the waste down and from the elbow down. It's very painful. I also have a copper deficiency and it to is painful. I have a porter-cath in my arm and I get treatments threw IV twice a week.Theres very little know on copper def. so doctors are not sure how to treat it, if you know someone with it let me know.

I know your pain is rough, but you can't let it get you down. You have to stay strong and fight it, or else it will eat you up. Take one day at a time and talk about it. I know this advise is easier said than done, but try it.

God Bless You!!
  8. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi suz im sorry your in so much pain BUT im glad at least theres some reason though for the pain. for over 2 years my life has been a livin HELL, my legs hurt so bad , they tingle ,COLD NUMBNESS PAIN!!! like walking barefoot and cant get off a block of ICE , sharp stabbing make me scream when they hit with no warning cant sleep ,cook , shop cause cant stand. right now my husband is with our dauther at her violin concert and im here in bed cause my pain is over the top. ive had at least 6-7 not lieing MRIS, BODY SCANS with and with out contrast. of my brain, head, neck, my whole spine, to my butt, looking to see if i have MS, lypomas, tumors, tears in tissue ECT. blood taken was told i had lupus for a whole year then no i dont. i have a pos ANA and a hi-45 sed rate, im told i have fm, cfs, pure cronic pain they say. yesterday i had my 2nd EMG SO PAINFUL, today im in so much pain . i promised my daughter id go to her concert , i havent seen her play live for over 1 year! im such a( S=== ) of a mom!! to my point and please dont take this in a mean way because im (happy for you )that at least it sounds like you have some hope !!! but they just LOOK AT ME AND SAY SORRY WE Cant FIND OuT WHY YOUR IN SO MUCH PAIN!!! i take- (400mgs-nuerontin,) (-5mgs,-oxycodone- 6 x day,) ( 10 mgs oxycontin 2 x day,) (30 mgs prozac,) (1.5 mgs clonozapam at nite also 800 mgs muscle relax to sleep ) and with all that pain meds im on a 9-10 pain scale 24/7. sorry didnt mean to take my anger out on you!!! but your pain sounds like mine , but thers NO HOPE FOR ME!!! WHY CANT THEY FIND ANY THING ,AM I CRAZY??????? GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  9. blkkat

blkkat New Member

10. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am not upset.I feel for you.It took them a year to figure out what was up with my legs.I hope they find something for you also.

The leg thing does not solve my other issues like FM /CFS and DDD or the OA but hopefully they will find some cures for the FM/CFS.That would solve alot for all of us.

In the meantime we make others aware that they do exist.And hopefully move the CDC and others along so they do find a cure.

Please do not feel like you have upset me that would never happen.I understand your frustration and everyone Else's.

Thanks everyone for your responses and prayers.

Hugs
    Sue
  11. lynn1972

lynn1972 New Member

Thanks for the advis. What do you mean bump up? I'm new here and I really do't know any thing yet.