Results from Neurosurgeon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Aug 29, 2005.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i so counted the days until today. The nerve conduction tests and the MRI showed that I also have spinal stenosis. My PCP got me an appointment with the NS and said he would have lots of answers. Probably could give me injections or possibly scrape a few vertebra.

I went today and first had X-rays. Then to the unfriendly Dr. Are they all like that? His answer said that in the condition that my spine is in (also scoliosis)that only rebuilding my spine would help. I am 74 and it would be a 8 hour operation!! I said of course not.

He said, well you could get a brace or go to pain clinic. I wouldn't want to go to the HMO brace co. but the one that hubby got permission to go to in Indy.

The pain clinic is also 50 mi. away. He got me an appt. Oct. 13 - I have to get my PCP to recommend it. I put message on his answering machine telling him what happened. I asked if it would be worth the time and gas cost to do it. My hubby sees him tomorrow and I told them to tell him when he goes.

I have decided that I have had allllll the "I don't know" answers I care to hear!

I always feel that it is because I am "old".

Oh well, at least we are not in the path of Katrina.

Gentle Hugs to all
  2. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

Prayers and hug also

H Michael
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I have spinal stenosis in my spine also.

My primary doc sent me to a neurosurgeon--only he was very nice!

He suggested no surgery on my now, at my age (nearly 55).

He suggested walking with a cane because my legs may buckle on me at any unannounced time!

I was also sent to a pain management doctor.

My back also has many other problems in addition to the spinal stenosis.

It's not any fun, but like you said .....at least we are not in the path of Katrina.

(((Hugs,)))
    Janet

4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Hello,

Can they tell if you have stenosis from an xray? Or do they need to do an mri? I have degeneration showing in my neck and osteoarthritis in my upper back. I keep asking for them to do an MRI but they won't. It is getting to the point where it hurts to hold my neck up at times.

Danielle