RESULTS From Thyroid Biopsy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, May 1, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Well, I had the thyroid biopsy last Tuesday, 4/26, and KNEW the results MUST be in by Friday BUT too afraid to call for them. I posted the topic on this before having the biopsy and had read a lot about it. It was showing 2 cold spots according to the nuclear med test. They say "no new is good news" and thats exactly what I wanted, NO NEWS.

But.....I HAD to get the results at some point and face whatever I had to face so I did this morning.

B E N I G N ! ! ! ! !

THANKS to those who responded with the important information about this!!! AND Thank God.

BlueSky555
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Benign sounds wonderful to me too!!!

Nancy B.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

See, it's all behind you now. I thought about you and prayed a little prayer for you like I said I would. God is good!!!! Glad you got a good report.

Kriket
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

JUST TOO SWEET!!!

Thank you both and VERY MUCH for the prayers, they worked!!

BlueSky555
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Glad your results showed benign. Mine were too, showed follicular cells. You will probably need this done every 5 or 10 years, but now it won't scare you so much (hopefully).
  6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

That's wonderful news, you must be so relieved!
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

That "benign" word is music to one's ears....no one's ever ready for that "malignant" word, trust me. I'm so happy for you.

Now you can relax a little!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Do you have this as I have hot and cold spots and antibodies for Hashimotos, yet my thyroid bloods always show normal even though I now have three nodules!!!

Glad it was benign.

Love Anne C
  9. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I don't know what that is and the Dr. didn't mention it. I do have to go back next week for follow-up visit.

Again, thank you all for sharing my good news. With all of the scars on my neck, look like zorro, and the symptoms, I was very much afraid.

BlueSky555
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Is thyroiditis that can flare hypo and hyper intermittently.

I would ask them to check for it.

Love Anne C
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is really great news.

Love, Mikie
  12. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Wonderful News and what a Relief!!!

((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  13. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

so good to hear your good news. now maybe you can relax alittle, and enjoy. Hugs sixtyslady
  14. Dara

Dara New Member

I know what a drain it is on you waiting for results from a biopsy, so now you know the good news.

That is great, just remember to continue getting it checked. My biopsy came back malignant and I really was shocked. As much as I worry about every thing, I wasn't the least bit worried about the thyroid test. Foolish me!!!!

Dara
  15. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I know you were scared to find out the results. I am so happy for you that the news was good.

Hugs,

Jodi