Results of Red Cell shape from Les Simpson

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosetta, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

My results of the red cell shape from Les Simpson (New Zealand) show that I have fewer (10.9%) normal cell and
    more(64.6%) flat cells that a person without FM.

Has anyone had this test done? If so, did you request the letter for Social Security and did it help in getting benefits?
  2. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

My results of the red cell shape from Les Simpson (New Zealand) show that I have fewer (10.9%) normal cell and
    more(64.6%) flat cells that a person without FM.

Has anyone had this test done? If so, did you request the letter for Social Security and did it help in getting benefits?
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

by Dr. Simpson. I don't know about other countries but my doctor here in Canada told me not to even bother sending in the abnormal results because the insurance companies and the federal govt doctors don't believe in Live Blood Cell Analysis.

More than anything I think that the skill of your doctor in writing social security letters is what will get you your benefits. He/she has to say what they want to hear.

Pepper
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

doc that is accustom to dealing with disability and good at it is most of the battle. I know that the sleep study and did it for our LTD. The nonrestorative sleep is hard to egnoir and in our case our company was ordered ny the appeals court to accept all with this finding and that if the wording nonrestorative sleep and something else about the study they must accept or be fined. We researched the net for our insurance company and SSDI for a couple months to find case law and the words that are key to them. All, I can say is Gary was accepted with out any problems on LTD and SSDI.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

How long did it take for you to hear back? I had no idea what the disibility paper thing was but figured for $10 I'd get them (I already get disibility but the reviews are as bad as the initial filing). How or did this test help you in any way? He told me it was for piece of mind - to know something was wrong and not in your head - I did it just because I thought it was interesting & I'm willing to help anyone whose willing to help us figure this out...AMY