results please help

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by boscosmom, Jul 12, 2008.

1. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

+'s on both tests at 41.
    ind at 31.
    all else neg
    1:80 antibody which is positive
    this was igenex.
    now what?
    thanks so much, sc
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Here is what the bands mean. Please note: At any given time you may not have enuf Bb in your blood sample (it hides in collagen and tissue) to get a "strong positive".

Lyme is supposed to be a 'clinical dx', meaning that if you have 20+ symptoms (listed on the sticky above), there is a very good chance you have Lyme, wether your test that day indicates a strong + or not.

Please note: band 41 says flagellan in general, however, that would mean if it was not lyme you would have syphillis or gum disease. If this is not the case, suspect Lyme.

Please also note: IND means weak positive, you had a reaction on that band, just not really strong.

According to the data below, you have Lyme!

Lyme Disease Often Missed as a Cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

1. Over 75% of patients with chronic Lyme are negative by ELISA

WESTERN BLOT
    1. Reflects antibody response to specific Bb antigens
    2. Different sensitivities and specificities of the bands
    3. Some bands are potentially seen in different bacteria- “nonspecific bands”
    4. Some bands are specific to spirochetes
    5. Some bands are specific to Bb
    6. Specific: 18, 23-25, 28, 31, 34, 37, 39, 58, 83 & 93
    7. Spirochetes in general: 41 (flagellum)
    8. First immune response if present is usually 41 and 23 KD bands
    9. Response to the 31 KD proteins is not usually seen for a year after initial infection

REVISED CRITERIA WITH WB

1. IGG WB: 2 specific band criteria has demonstrated improved sensitivity and maintained specificity

2. Can diagnosis Lyme if any one band (IgG or IgM) of 18, 23, 28, 39 or 58 kDa or if any 2 or more of the following bands are present; 30, 45,41 and 93

3. If negative or require further confirmation, can obtain IGENEX WB (adds specific bands of 31, 34 an 83, which are typically seen in chronic disease)

4. Positive if any ONE band of 18, 23, 28,31,34, 39, 58 or 83

5. If positive for Borrelia on any test, consider testing for neurotoxins

6. Consider testing for co-infections

I hope this helps,

Bunny
  3. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

does everyone else have this test or are they positve on western blot...i am worried..
    ty, sc
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I'm not sure I understand the question.......

b
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I had the Bowen Lyme test, which is very different from Igenex, so I cannot comment on your test results, except to say that you seem to have gotten some good info, but if you want plenty of experts to weigh in on Igenex results, go post them at LymeNet.

I am sorry to get off topic, but I am very curious about your screen name, and since they no longer allow PM's on these forums, I have no choice but to ask you on your thread, if you would be willing to tell me who Bosco is.

I am also a boscosmom, and I wonder how you picked that name. My Bosco was a beautiful 18 lb. black and white Tuxedo cat, who passed on from kidney disease 3 yrs. ago, but was a real character and will never be forgotten.

I looked at your profile and did not see any pets in the photo. The only other Bosco I know is also a black and white cat, owned by a friend of my husband. I know Bosco is also a fairly common Portugese last name. Is your Bosco a pet?

just curious,

klutzo
  6. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

black lab is bosco...we got the name from the choc. syrup back from the 50's....my hub came up with the name.

thanks for the info....

sc
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Thanks for the info. Naming a black or a chocolate lab Bosco makes sense.

I got the name from someone else's cat named that. I thought it sounded cute. Though I am old enough, I don't remember the syrup, though other people assume that is what I named him after.

I hope you get your answers on your results,
    klutzo
  8. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

9. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

10. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

11. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member