Retirement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by raspberry_valley, Aug 9, 2006.

1. raspberry_valley

raspberry_valley New Member

Hi Everyone

I'm 43 and today I retired officially through ill health. I'm trying to get my head round that one.

I was very lucky, I left my job nearly three years ago, then someone said to me "why did you resign, why didnt you push to retire through ill health?"

So I asked the pensions dept, and they were happy to arrange everything for me. Amazing, something went right for a change.

It isnt a vast sum of money, but every little helps.

It's just weird being retired at 43!!! I would never have dreamt of that happening before getting CFS.

Counting my lucky stars as ever, and making lemonade from the lemons life throws at me.

2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I'm in the same exact boat. Had to retire from my career job a few years earlier than I had plan due to this illness. We just never know what's around the next corner. I'm trying to enjoy this lemonade but oh oh the pain..
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I also had to retire this year due to health fibro and cfs. I was 53 and it was a very scary thing to do. I still go through anger. Yet other times I am very happy as I can tell I am beginning to feel better than I did when I was working.

This is a very hard transition yet we all did it, so we know it was right for us. I am going to assume like will continue to improve for us. Take care.
  4. raspberry_valley

raspberry_valley New Member

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Your empathy and wisdom is a source of strength at a time when i'm in the middle of a big relapse in cfs.

i havent got my temperature down for nearly 2 weeks and feel like i have a secondary infection.

Fed up - here we go again - kind of feeling.

Dont feel like making lemonade today, feel more like throwing lemons at things instead.