Return of the Rollercoaster/Miss Emotional

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1maqt, Mar 11, 2003.

1. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

No things are not all peachy keen!Thank you all who replied to my post. It is amazing what the insight of others can show one whom is in a bit of a sticky wicket. I realize that I have been ill for some time, had surgeries, but I want to be super woman! I also want the world to be perfect...and so sings Pollyanna. Reality is so hard for me. I am almost sixty, will I ever get it?
    Someone posted that it could be medication, and I believe it was the sinus mendication.
    Someone posted that I hadn't grieved the loss of me, and that is also true.
    It became clear to me as I read your posts, that I can fail, and I can have a bad day, and I can think of me without being a self centered individual. Does one get so wrapped up in the serving of others that we forget that we
    need others also? Yes we can. Do I feel 100% better, not.
    The spoonful of sugar thing is true! The same is true for kindness and caring and I want to thank you all for all of the above......a better 1maqt
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

I did`nt catch your first post but I am assuming emotions have a part in this. I had thought I had a handle on my emotions after loseing two sons. I knew My life had changed. every thing that was ME had changed. I have a hard lump inside me that has been there every since,but as I said I thought I had control of it sickness or not. BUT I lost a very good friend to cancer who had not been sick a day in her life until the last three months she lived.Then a truly good christian lady with a beautiful singing voice is also dying of cancer + it all hit like a ton of bridks! I can`t control my illness,or the loss of the things I used to do and I grieve for my friends + for myself. Don`t know if I am going to get through this with out help, Which I did`nt think I needed before. Maybe this is not the place to write this but I guess it just needed coming out + hope it is understood.