Returning after long absence...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PoodlesMom, Oct 24, 2009.

1. PoodlesMom

PoodlesMom New Member

I was on here before but I don't remember what name I went by so just

started new. The last year I have gone down hill. My hubby of 39yrs

retired early to help with my care, we had to help our daughter and fam

financially and used up our savings. We have to walk away from our

home of 25yrs. Thankfully we have an RV that we are going to live in.

We both are 58yrs old and should be looking forward to retirement. The

one fantastic part of this saga is that I will finally be able to live by the

ocean. Thank the Divine for that any way.

I can only write a little at a time and most likely won't remember what

I've said. So, bare with me. If I sound mad or angry in the way I come

across, I apologize before hand. I have trouble with finding the right

words. All for now. Glad to be back, I was getting so lonely.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

sorry things have been so rough......... and so far I haven't read anything that you have written that has come across as angry

honestly, I would love to be able to afford an RV and to live by the ocean, but that is not to say that I don't feel bad for you for having to sell your house
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome back! I, too, took a long absence from the board. It wasn't because of having such a rough time as you have. I am sorry to hear you have had to go through so much. I pray that better times are ahead for you.

I have had a lot go on, too, but my main reason for taking a long leave from the board was that I really just got kind of fed up with it. Everyone was starting to fight so much with each other--you could not express your opinion without getting jumped on from someone, there were so many negative posts, all of my friends were quitting, etc. So, I just thought it was the correct time to give it a rest for a while.

Since then, I have had to move, after living in the same house for 35 years. Wow, was that a job. I was unable to pack my stuff, so I had to hire some friends and family, so that end up costing me a fortune since I had to clean out, toss out, etc. while going through 35 years of stuff--and I always saved everything! We bought my husband's parents' house after they both passed away. He wanted to keep the house in the family since his great-grandfather had built it. It's a huge 10+ room two-story farm house that had not had much done to it in the 50 years that his parents lived in it! So, we have completely gutted the house and restored it from head to toe. What a stressful and expensive job! Now we are working on the outside.

I hate this house, it is a two-story and I am wheelchair bound (and only 58) so I can't even get up the stairs!!! We have 4 lovely bedrooms now and a bonus room upstairs and I couldn't even show any guests to their room if I wanted to! This is such a bummer for me. At least there is a bedroom downstairs--which is mine! So, I basically just live in the downstairs.

And, I had a mini-stroke in January of this year. My health has gone downhill so fast. My diabetes is progressing and causing harm. I now have nerve damage in both of my feet to the point that I can not put much pressure on them without tremendous pain. But then I also have developed gout in my toes of both feet and in my ankle joint, and it is extremely painful.

I could go on, but I won't bore you with the details.

Glad to have you back!!

Take care,
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the problems.

I seldom leave the house. I find the Chit Chat board is a good place
    to socialize.

Just read Gladys Taber's book "My Own Cape Cod." If you like the ocean,
    you might want to look for same at your library.

5. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

kathie you dont sound mad or angry at all
    Welcome back you are among friends always remember that ok im here for you any time welcome to my fibro family.
    Very gentle hugs ((((((.
    Take care.
    May god bless you & yours.

6. PoodlesMom

PoodlesMom New Member

thank so much for answering.

Oh my gosh, you have been thru it too this year. Boy, did I have a good cry. You weren't boring me with details either.

I like hearing others stories. It helps knowing that I'm not alone in this.
    Not that I wish this on anyone.

My hubby is very understanding and has a great shoulder to cry on and arms that wrap around this somewhat reubenesque body.

But you can't completely know this DD unless you have it.

Hugs to you.

7. PoodlesMom

PoodlesMom New Member

thank you for the heads up on the book and Chit Chat.

I use our little country library when I can. Not so overwhelming as a big one.

8. PoodlesMom

PoodlesMom New Member

Thank you for the blessing, hugs and the reminder that this is really a family.

I'm in touch with someone on here more than I am my bio. family.

My fibro has been really rearing it's ugly head. How about yours?

I still can't get used to this pain even after 14yrs.

Very gentle hugs back 'atcha.