Returning Member With Question About the Ocean

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jmcdelaney, Feb 26, 2013.

1. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Hi All!

I haven't been here in years, so I'll re-introduce myself.

I started with fm about 10 years ago. Went through the typical routine for my dx. About 5 years ago I found an individual who had (through eating mostly raw foods and an alkaline diet, and some natural supplements) gone into remission. I did that for a while and was able to improve my symptoms significantly. Laughing at myself here...I guess what I need to do it get back at that regimen.

Anyway, I am here to as if any of you have had improvement with your symptoms by swimming daily in the ocean (not a pool, but specifically the ocean).

I was searching around yesterday for new information and ran into a video by Dr. John Gray (the "Men are from Mars/Women are from Venus author)...apparently his site contains a lot of information on many different illnesses. I watched his video about Fibromyalgia - he went into a lengthy discussion about positive and negative ions....Now normally I wouldn't have given his video the time of day because part of his thinking (imho) is flawed, but I have just returned from a trip to Aruba where I spent A LOT of time in the ocean and I felt GREAT until I returned home (where I got slammed HARD).

In his video, he claims that if you spend 40 minutes a day in the ocean it will get these ions back into balance. He also claims you can get this same benefit from an epsom salt bath. Now years ago I did try the epsom salt baths (not sure if I stayed in for 40 minutes though), and I don't recall feeling better (at least not significantly). BUT, as I said, I did feel great in Aruba.

I skimmed through the board rules, I didn't see anything about not posting links, but I didn't want to risk it. IF it's ok, and anybody is interested, I can post a link to the video. It's about 10 minutes long.

Thanks,
    J

2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

big impact and Aruba, I'm sure that would be warm ocean water....

I live near the Pacific and could NEVER get past my feet
    as the ocean water is COLD.....

So, for those in warm ocean water areas, sounds good.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Neg. ions in large bodies of water, the mountains and near waterfalls. I have an air purifier which produces neg. ions. I feel better when it runs. I think just being in nature is healthy. Our beach here is on the Gulf, which I consider a sewer so I don't swim in it. I'll wade in to play with the dolphins but that's it.

Love, Mikie

BTW, don't be such a stranger.