Returning Member With Question About the Ocean

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jmcdelaney, Feb 26, 2013.

1. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Hi All!

I haven't been here in years, so I'll re-introduce myself.

I started with fm about 10 years ago. Went through the typical routine for my dx. About 5 years ago I found an individual who had (through eating mostly raw foods and an alkaline diet, and some natural supplements) gone into remission. I did that for a while and was able to improve my symptoms significantly. Laughing at myself here...I guess what I need to do it get back at that regimen.

Anyway, I am here to as if any of you have had improvement with your symptoms by swimming daily in the ocean (not a pool, but specifically the ocean).

I was searching around yesterday for new information and ran into a video by Dr. John Gray (the "Men are from Mars/Women are from Venus author)...apparently his site contains a lot of information on many different illnesses. I watched his video about Fibromyalgia - he went into a lengthy discussion about positive and negative ions....Now normally I wouldn't have given his video the time of day because part of his thinking (imho) is flawed, but I have just returned from a trip to Aruba where I spent A LOT of time in the ocean and I felt GREAT until I returned home (where I got slammed HARD).

In his video, he claims that if you spend 40 minutes a day in the ocean it will get these ions back into balance. He also claims you can get this same benefit from an epsom salt bath. Now years ago I did try the epsom salt baths (not sure if I stayed in for 40 minutes though), and I don't recall feeling better (at least not significantly). BUT, as I said, I did feel great in Aruba.

I skimmed through the board rules, I didn't see anything about not posting links, but I didn't want to risk it. IF it's ok, and anybody is interested, I can post a link to the video. It's about 10 minutes long.

Thanks,
    J

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Neg. ions in large bodies of water, the mountains and near waterfalls. I have an air purifier which produces neg. ions. I feel better when it runs. I think just being in nature is healthy. Our beach here is on the Gulf, which I consider a sewer so I don't swim in it. I'll wade in to play with the dolphins but that's it.

Love, Mikie

BTW, don't be such a stranger.