Returning to the message board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Jul 15, 2009.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

I've not come onto this site in a while as felt the focus on my various symptoms (constant tiredness, dizziness, sore throat, aching, mood swings etc etc!) isnt always helpful. However, today I am not feeling so positive about things. My situation is this: after not working for five years I got a part time job in the health service in the UK last September. I am still in this job, but struggle with my fatigue most of the time. Unfortunately, this job is quite physically demanding at times (its health records and involves manual handling some of the time). I'm also studying part time and struggling a lot this year to keep going, although am more than half way with my degree.

It seems that I never really learn to listen to my body until its too late and I crash out. Went camping a few days ago and that nearly did me in physically. Was so tired... Why did I think camping was a good idea in my condition?! I push through my tiredness and try to ignore it but eventually my body will say ENOUGH and force me to stop.

I have an understanding boyfriend who has his own issues with tiredness, but even still it can be difficult for him to really understand how I feel. But he does try...

I guess I just wanted to express how I am feeling at the moment, without asking for any advice particularly.

Thanks for reading.

2. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Goodness - Your schedule sounds exhausting. It's always difficult for us to admit that our bodies aren't able to do what seems "normal" to others.

What area of England are you from. I live in the US but my roots are all from Cornwall, which I always wanted to visit, unfortunately too ill to try it now.

Please try to get some extra rest.

3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Welcome back. :) Was that you in Chat yesterday? I saw in your Bio that were working towards a degree through Distance Learning. It's great that you're still able to keep that up.

As far as listening to our bodies...I think it depends. Sometimes I feel stronger than others and I really can do more. We do pay for anything we do although I wasn't always like that. Sometimes the consequences are worth it. I think it's normal to want some recreation when you're working so hard and camping can be relaxing.

You do the best you can. It's very difficult living with an illness like ME for the rest of our lives.

4. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

Tee and Mystic,

I am from the East Coast of England. Yes, my schedule does look a bit much at times doesnt it?! But having breaks away is good, if exhausting too at times.

And no, it wasnt me in chat!