Returning to work on Tuesday!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Sep 1, 2006.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My oncologist has cleared me to return to my job on Tuesday, and I'm very excited to be back at my elementary school! I know I will probably be a little tired for the first week or two, but I'm planning to just come home and rest each day, and let my hubby & daughter take care of dinner, etc.

A few months ago, when I started my first round of leukemia chemo, my husband bought me a watch I had been gazing at; it was sterling silver, with a simple black leather band. This was going to be my reward at the end of my rounds of chemo, when I was all done with the blood counts rising and falling, blood & platelet transfusions, and everything else. Something to work for besides the obvious---getting well for myself and my family. A couple times toward the end my husband told me, "you're almost there...why don't you wear your watch?" but I said, "No, I'm not there yet."

It's been a long time, but my friends and family have been amazing, and my "family" here, too---I've gotten so many words of support here, for which I'm very grateful! I put on my watch for the first time.

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2006]
  2. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I am happy that you have finally finished chemo. Thank heavens! I am sure that you are happy about that as well. I am happy that you are so excited to go back to your friends at work and the kids too. Sometimes going back to work makes a world of difference. I will say a prayer for you tonight in hopes that you will now be in remission. Your Hubby and kids are a gift from God, Will all need family to take care of us.

God Bless You!!!

3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This just shows the power of hope and prayer and lots of support. What a wonderful day this is for you! You have been blessed and I know you will have a fulfilling life. Please take care of yourself.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You are amazing I am so proud to know you. What a terrific person you are to have gotten thus far and going back to work.

I know you love your job and I have always valued your advice too.

Will this be it now for the chemo? I know there are different types of leukemia and some respond very well to the new chemos. I have a friend whose mom is seven years free now...

Good luck and don't go overdooijg it as I know you work with SN kids too and they can tire even the zippiest person.

Love and blessings.

5. pam_d

pam_d New Member guys are amazing---you helped keep my spirits up through all of this with your encouraging words and prayers.

Anne, I'm glad to hear your friend's Mom is doing so well! I'm on a "wait and watch" routine now...with my type (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) there's a high (about 70%) likelihood I will relapse within a year or two, and need a bone marrow transplant.

But in the meantime, I'm determined to get back to my regular life and live every day to its fullest, and be grateful for each day I get!

Thanks again, everyone!

6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Pam,
    I'm so happy that you got through the chemo and are able to return to work!!! What a difficult struggle you are enduring. I'll pray for you tonight that your week goes well:)
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thank you!!

[ advertisement ]