Returning to work on Tuesday!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Sep 1, 2006.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My oncologist has cleared me to return to my job on Tuesday, and I'm very excited to be back at my elementary school! I know I will probably be a little tired for the first week or two, but I'm planning to just come home and rest each day, and let my hubby & daughter take care of dinner, etc.

A few months ago, when I started my first round of leukemia chemo, my husband bought me a watch I had been gazing at; it was sterling silver, with a simple black leather band. This was going to be my reward at the end of my rounds of chemo, when I was all done with the blood counts rising and falling, blood & platelet transfusions, and everything else. Something to work for besides the obvious---getting well for myself and my family. A couple times toward the end my husband told me, "you're almost there...why don't you wear your watch?" but I said, "No, I'm not there yet."

It's been a long time, but my friends and family have been amazing, and my "family" here, too---I've gotten so many words of support here, for which I'm very grateful!

And...today I put on my watch for the first time.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2006]
  2. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I am happy that you have finally finished chemo. Thank heavens! I am sure that you are happy about that as well. I am happy that you are so excited to go back to your friends at work and the kids too. Sometimes going back to work makes a world of difference. I will say a prayer for you tonight in hopes that you will now be in remission. Your Hubby and kids are a gift from God, Will all need family to take care of us.

God Bless You!!!

Noahvale--Kathy
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This just shows the power of hope and prayer and lots of support. What a wonderful day this is for you! You have been blessed and I know you will have a fulfilling life. Please take care of yourself.

Kathy
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You are amazing I am so proud to know you. What a terrific person you are to have gotten thus far and going back to work.

I know you love your job and I have always valued your advice too.

Will this be it now for the chemo? I know there are different types of leukemia and some respond very well to the new chemos. I have a friend whose mom is seven years free now...

Good luck and don't go overdooijg it as I know you work with SN kids too and they can tire even the zippiest person.

Love and blessings.

Anne
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...you guys are amazing---you helped keep my spirits up through all of this with your encouraging words and prayers.

Anne, I'm glad to hear your friend's Mom is doing so well! I'm on a "wait and watch" routine now...with my type (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) there's a high (about 70%) likelihood I will relapse within a year or two, and need a bone marrow transplant.

But in the meantime, I'm determined to get back to my regular life and live every day to its fullest, and be grateful for each day I get!

Thanks again, everyone!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Pam,
    I'm so happy that you got through the chemo and are able to return to work!!! What a difficult struggle you are enduring. I'll pray for you tonight that your week goes well:)
    Monkeykat
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thank you!!

Hugs,
    Pam