Reverse (Day) Sleep -- Anyone Find Things That Help. Stuck in Cement!!

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by bretzie, Jul 11, 2014.

1. bretzie

bretzie Member

Two things. This damned reverse sleep is ruining what's left of my life. Can't get to vet, doctor, etc. as I don't sleep til 9AM or 10AM, then can't get up til 5PM. I wonder if a tiny bit of Melatonin (.5mg) would help and not interact with Zoloft I take? I've tried forcing myself to stay awake later each AM, til I'm sleeping at nite (no fun!) At first it worked, but now when I try it, it's not working. If I fall asleep at Noon, I'll wake at 3PM, etc.

Anyone else have REVERSE SLEEP? What has helped
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Zoloft could be causing your sleep problems. I just googled "Zoloft sleep" and there are quite a few hits of people having severe sleep problems due to Zoloft.

I don't know why you're taking the Zoloft but there are many natural remedies for depression and anxiety. 5-htp and l-tryptophan help the brain produce serotonin naturally without the side effects of prescription ADs. Fish oil and omega 3 fatty acids are also very important for mental health and tend to be low in depression. Niacin helps stimulate the GABA receptors in the brain and can help a lot with anxiety and sleep, and l-theanine helps the brain produce GABA, a calming neurotransmitter. There are other things as well, these are just some suggestions.

But I would try to get off the Zoloft.

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

@mbofov Mary, I just posted the same thing about Zoloft on another thread. :)

[ advertisement ]