Reverse Therapy - Does It Work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello! I'm seriously thinking of trying reverse therapy and would love some feedback positive or negative about whether it really works for CFS/FM or not. How long did it take to make you feel better? Did you have any problems with the reverse therapy or the therapist. I did a lot of reading about reverse therapy and think it could really work for my chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia of over 20 years.

If you've been through reverse therapy, please respond. Thanks. Have a good day!

Love, Jasmine
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I don't have anything to offer in terms of answering your question, but I just went and read about it, and it actually sounds pretty interesting -- though I'm not wholly convinced it would work....

They do a really good job of explaining what prolonged emotional stress/trauma does to the systems of the body -- we know that trauma changes neurochemistry and can really affect the entire body system over time...

It is interesting to note that a large majority of us were "type A overachievers" before (and sometimes well into!) these illnesses -- I don't know if that correlation is meaningful or not, but it certainly seems to exist...
  3. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I think reverse therapy really deals well with the stress part of our illness and I feel it may be the key to wellness for me. Any others tried reverse therapy?