Reviews After Approval

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Sep 16, 2008.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I thought that everyone was to be reviewed every 3 years after SSDI approval.

This is not the case with me. I may be wrong but......I think my first review will be in 7 years.

Anyone else?

Thank you,

2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Bump; anyone know??? anyone been reviewed?

Thank you

3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I believe it is based on an individuals likelihood of getting better. I don't know all of the timeframes but its like 6 month, 3 years, 5 years and 7 years. I think there are also some who will not go through a review.

It should be on the approval letter.

4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

my letter said 3 years.....has anyone been denied at a review? i am so glad i won. just got my backpay and now my 1st monthly check so i have 3 yrs. but i am still concerned about the review.

5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Lord knowshow I will be then. Jenn
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

justlooking, glenda and jenn, thank you all so much for responding.

I also thought that everyone was to be reviewed every three years but I was wrong.

justlooking, that sounds about right; 6 months, 3, 5, and 7 years.

glenda, I'm so glad that you won. I was just approved at the beginning of Sept. and received everything, except medicare card, within 6 days. That was quick. Don't worry about the review; I had heard that it's some paperwork that you have to fill out. I hope that's correct but surely someone here has been through this.

When is your 3 year review jenn? I wish you good luck with the process.

Again, thank you all; I knew nothing about disability and now that I'm approved, I see that I still have a good bit to learn and I'm too old to be learning new tricks.