"Revived Strength, Lost Pain, A Sweet Spirit, and My Life Is Back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Brend, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Brend

Brend New Member

I never thought that after 10 years of suffering with constant pain that I would loose something so dear to me. I know that I had been depressed. I laid in the bed weeks at a time. I could hardly stand for my feet to touch the ground. I wanted my husband to hold me, but it was just too painful. I prayed daily not to loose my mind, but one thing that bothered me most was that i was loosing my spirit. The smile that I made was just for show. I held my tears back until I was in bed. Although I couldn't stand the weight of the sheets on my body, I used it to shield my face from those who loved me. I was all ready to let go. "Lord, this thing is not going to get better! I've been asking. I've been praying. Am I reaping what I have sewn. You said ask and it shall be given unto thee." God heard me. And He began to move. It got better because my sweet spirit became hungry for the power of the only thing that I was raised up to know that was better medicine than any other known. My mother had watched me suffer. She told me about a "prayer room" at a church in the neighborhood. She had met a woman who spoke highly about this place where believers get together to pray over your circumstance. My mother's a nurse and she knew about this woman's desparing condition. Now my mother had witnessed a change in this woman. She was healthy again. My husband and I thought, "Well, everything else has failed. What would it hurt?" As soon as I entered that prayer room, I felt something peaceful. There was a sweet spirit. Three people prayed for us and I prayed as well. They asked if we wanted to be anointed. They gave us communion. There was only the prayer ministers and the two of us in the room. Suddenly my strength returned where I had felt so exhausted for years. What happened to the pain? Something happened. I call it a miracle. I know that some are skeptic. But if what you are trying is not working...don't just stop taking your meds without your doctors order. But try another doctor whose medicine is great. Pray and ask for what you need. Believe it. Receive it. And thank Him for it. Walk victorious each day by saying, "I AM HEALED." I'm not trying to make you believe in what I believe, but I know when things aren't working, I have to at least try something that is not ordinary because this is no ordinary illness. Fibromyalgia is a demon to my life. It had robbed me of everything I cherished. The only way I know how to fight this demon is with the Word of God. It's helped me!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2008]