Reviving the Broken Marionette-- have you heard of /read this book?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sacajawea2, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Reviving the Broken Marionette: Treatments for CFS/ME and Fibromyalgia
    written by Maija Haavisto
    http://www.brokenmarionettebook.com/?book

Has anyone read or heard of this book? If so, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks,

SJ
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

have read bits and pieces of it, very interesting but think it really is looking at symptom management, not the cause, which is a good thing till they find a cure for everyone
  3. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Thanks-- do you think it's worth buying? The author is young and has been sick herself so she sounds enthusiastic but realistic...and it seems to offer information on meds researched for our very illnesses.

A friend who is also sick like us wants to buy it buy asked my opinion...I told her I'd get back to her (GRIN) after I got some opinions, if any have heard of it.

SJ
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

i would go for it, the peices i have read are interesting, talks alot about drug in use now like lyrica, cymbalta etc, and how they affect cfs. you could bring some interesting info to this site
  5. consuegra

consuegra New Member

This book is quite interesting and a near thorough investigation into existing medicines applicable to CFS/ME. It is surprising that it is not mentioned more on this board and elsewhere. This young gal with CFS/ME has done a ton of research. I am constantly going back and reading sections of this book.

Chris
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2009]