RFRheumatoid Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrocyclist, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Fibrocyclist

Fibrocyclist New Member

Has anyone out there with Fibro/CFIDS have a high level of Rheumatoid Factor in their body but were told they do not have rheumatoid arthritis? What does a RF mean? Does anyone know anything about it?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It means there are signs of inflammation in joints, bones, etc. I have the same, elevated Rf Factor, but no known cause. I think it may happen to some that have FM. I just posted something yesterday about people who take SSRI's that start showing arthritic inflammation in their CBC counts. I got an elevated Rf factor after taking SSRI"s, the same went down to less than half after stopping the SSRI.

If you take SSRI's check out my earlier post.
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

When I was first diagnosed with FMS, my Sed Rate and RF were both high. I was sent to a rheumatologist who confirmed that I did not have RA. I have since found that a lot of FMS'ers have abnormal RF levels. Seems to be kind of common with us.

Take care, Sally
  4. marilynb

marilynb New Member

Just saw my Rheumy on Wednesday. I don't remember what count was off, but he did say that I tested slightly positive for RA & Lupus. He said, that I don't have either disease, but will continue to monitor me for both. He told me if I get any noticable swelling/redness of my joints to come in right away.

Already have Osteoarthritis & FM so sure don't need anything else.

Marilynb
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I have negative RF & low sed rate but am Dx with RA in my hands.

I have not been dx with FMS just CFS.

Shar[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]