Rh negative blood and fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sandyL, Jul 26, 2006.

1. sandyL

sandyL New Member

I was wondering if anyone here has fibromyalgia and Rh negative blood type?
    Im Rh negative and have wondered if there is a hereditary connection to fibromyalgia and my blood type?
    Sandy
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am. I found out during my pregnancy last year that I was RH negative so I don't know if there is a connection.

kate
  3. joanng

joanng New Member

I wonder if there is a connection.
  4. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Have never heard of any connection with FMS and Rh type.

Take care, Sally
  5. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Yes, I have negative blood and the Rh factor
  6. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I'm RH negative too. I have 3 children. 2 of them are RH negative and one is RH postive. I had to get a shot after my RH+ child.

Dawn
  7. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

BUT.....I was born an RH baby (whatever that means) and at 6wks old I had to go through massive blood transfusions. So how does that make me an O+ now?

I don't understand all this but it appears that there may a connection with fibr/cfs.
  8. jake123

jake123 New Member

I'm Rh negative with FM/RSD. My cousin had Lupus. My mom had Addison's and FM. Familial hypercholesterolemia (long word means hereditary high cholesterol)runs in our family.
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I don't think there's any connection at all. I could be wrong, of course.

I am RH neg. my mom, brother and sister who all have FM are +.
  10. lostmisty

lostmisty New Member

I'm RH negative also.
  11. pec

pec New Member

I am new and I have Fibromyalgia and arterial cecrosis. I too have rh neg. blood. I had my first child right before the shot was available.
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm AB- but don't think there is any connection with fms.
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so well there goes that theory
    j
  14. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

I'm RH negative.

Had a Rhogam injection 35 years ago and within a week all my lymph nodes swelled up and I started to lose weight and developed tinnitus. I thought at the time it had something to do with the shot. Rhogam is made from blood products.

Now I know since being on the Marshall Protocol that it was probably contaminated with cell wall deficient bacteria of some kind. My lymph nodes are getting smaller for the first time in 35 years.

Judy
  15. joyinga

joyinga New Member

I'm RH Negative and have had problems since about 2 weeks after i had my son 16 yrs ago. I received 2 shots while i was pregnant of the Rhogam and one more after i delivered him. So I received a total of 3 rhogam shots when i was pregnant. About 2 weeks after i delivered my son i developed severe psoriasis and VERY swollen joints all over my body to the point that i could barely even change my son's diaper. It has only gotten worse since then and its been 16 years later and about 2 years ago i was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia on top of the arthritis and psoriasis. I believe that i've had fibromyalgia for along time tho cause i haven't felt the same since giving birth to my son. (I never had any other children cause i was worried that the health problems would only intensify if i put my body thru another pregnancy, so I stopped at only one child for fear that i would get worse and worse with each child i did have from that point on.)

I also have other health problems too and am wondering if I might have Lupus as well..because i have other symptoms that go along with lupus too.

I have always in my heart believed that the Rhogam shots were the reason (or even my blood type) for all my health problems. I even asked a few doctors a few years back if those shots or my blood type might have caused me to have all my health problems but at the time it was more information than any of my doctors at the time could understand or comprehend so they just dismissed the thought or just said they didn't know or understand about that kind of thing!! So i DO think its a possibility that the shots might be the reason alot of RH negative woman in their childbearing years are sick. I belong to another Fibromyalgia support group and the VERY same question was asked about the blood type on that site as well by someone else.... so my beliefs are the same as yours on this subject!! Thanks for putting this out there!!!!

Take Care,
    Joy in Georgia
  16. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I'm AB+ I've got a rare blood type but common RH factor.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  17. lostmisty

lostmisty New Member

With all three of my pregnancies that went to term.
  18. pepper

pepper New Member

I had 2 Rhogam shots in '77 and '84.

This has got me thinking. I got my very first sinus infection during my first pregnancy in '77. They became chronic after that and that does seem to be a common problem with those of us suffering from these DD's.

Could there be some connection?
    Pepper
  19. joyinga

joyinga New Member

Hey Sandy and everyone else....
    The other message board that i was referring to was the [edited as per rules]. Another member was asking how many ppl had RH Negative blood types and if they felt that it was a connection to the fibromyalgia. I believe it is dated on July 5 by a member named "Seriaofnwn" and the title is called..."I have the strangest thought" it is pretty far back because when someone answers it stays in the same place instead of bumping back to the top of the page for new replies. I would suggest anyone with questions about it might want to address Seriaofnwn or make a new post about Rh negative type and she will know what u are talking about. She was supposed to be doing some research and getting back to the board with the information if she found any that correlated to the bloodtype and fibro. But there were ALOT of members that posted that said they were RH Negative. I think that, for me anyway, it might not be the type blood alone but the Rhogam shots that i received because ONLY 2 WEEKS after my third and last rhogam shot was when i got deathly ill with all my symptoms of my body attacking my own immune system. That is why i believe that the Rhogam shots had SOMETHING to do with my health now. I don't know....i just truly believe in my heart that it has something to do with my health....maybe not for everyone else. But as i said before i have tried to question doctors about the Rhogam shots and the side effects/etc that could accompany them and noone has had a clue to give me any answers. But PLEASE do keep researching it and hopefully us "normal people (not normal as in health but normal as in not doctors!!) might just crack some kind of code for fibromyalgia or at least get close to some kind of answers!! PLEASE keep posting ANY kind of information u might fing out about the blood type and also check out the Rhogam shot too. I'll do the same and if i come across anything of interest i'll be sure to post it here and at the other board. Thanks again, you're at least thinking on the same lines as me in terms of the RH negative blood type and our disorders and the Rhogam shots that i got when i was 18 yrs old. (Have been sick since i was 18 when i gave birth to my son!! and getting worse every day!!!! so i'm hoping to find something/anything that might shed some light on all my issues!!)

Take care and hope to continue to talk!!

Joy
  20. luvnewcomb

luvnewcomb New Member

Also had the shot.