Rheumatoid Arthritis question....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpowell79, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jpowell79

jpowell79 New Member

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've been around, but I'm hoping to get some opinions on this...

I'm 27 years old (as of January hehe), and yesterday I woke up with bad joint pain all over my body-and my FM pain meds did NOTHING for it. It took literally hours for it to calm down at all. I saw my doctor yesterday, and even before this, he has had a feeling for a long time that I was developing rheumatoid arthritis.

6 months ago, they tested my RA levels, and it was just under 30 (considered normal). From reading online, most places besides Kaiser would have viewed that as borderline. Yesterday, I was tested again. Now the level is at 38 (quite a jump in 6 months??) However by Kaiser's standards, that is still in the normal range. I'm waiting for my doctor to call me back.

My impression from this would be that I am well on my way to RA, if it's not there already. From reading online, most places consider anything above 30 abnormal. I'm just worried that my doctor will view it as being just fine-and I could lose valuable time in getting it managed.

I'm not a hypochondriac, it's just that if I have RA, I have it. I really do NOT want to wait another 6 months to a year for the levels to go abnormal by Kaiser's standard in order to get treatment. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

~Jaime
  2. jpowell79

jpowell79 New Member

3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

Hope you can find the answers you need, I was dx with RA in 1995, have been treated for it, for years. The Rh factor has always been neg. I have the degeneration, the nodules, and have had several attacks of synovitis. But, I have never been positive for anything, except a high sed rate..... showing inflamation.......

Hope you do not have it, the meds are about as bad, as the disease. But, I hope your Dr. will not give up, till he finds the problem.....
  4. jpowell79

jpowell79 New Member

Still haven't heard back from doc....hoping for some more replies :)

Thanks!~
  5. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Try adopting a more alkaline diet. Read "The PH miracle" by Dr Robert Young. Acid diets, that most of us eat in the West, are bad for just about everything from infections, CFS/Fibro, arthritis, Candida etc...Both my wife and I have benefited greatly from being on an alkaline diet and doing hormone balancing through FFC. She has no more symptoms of Fibro and swelling in her fingers is gone and I'm a fast recovering CFS sufferer.

Good luck in your search. I don't believe there's any reason anybody should be living in pain. There is an answer for you. Don't be afraid to experiment until you find what works for you and read, read, read...
  6. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I just started Humira injections even though my RF is normal. Both my Sed Rate and CRP are more then triple the normal range. I am lucky to have found a Rheumatologist who gets FM and he is trying to treat symptoms, not normal I know. The prescription stated that I have seronegative RA. I googled it and it seems that more then 20% of RA sufferers test negative for RF. I have only had one injection and it went ok...you have to inject yourself...

Are your Sed Rate and CRP elevated?

Good Luck - Nancy