Rheumatologist what kinds of arthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybird1, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. ladybird1

    ladybird1 New Member

    My rhematologist seems OK with treating the rheumatological arthritis (lupus, QA, Raynaud) also FMS. But he has little to no interest in osteoarthritis. Do you need a different kind of doctor for OA? He just blows off my OA problems and blames them on my age (which may be true...I'm almost 53) but it would help if he'd take it seriously sometimes.

    Just wanted to vent...Thank you!
  2. Aghllw

    Aghllw New Member

    What are they for if they don't treat OA?? That is arthritis, isn't it?? LOL That is so crazy!!

    I was just diagnosed last week with among a million other things, arthritis in my neck. I am not familiar with any of the arthritis terms.... I thought that Rheumys delt with all types of it. Now, I am confused...but it doesn't take much.

    Good luck and happy holidays!
  3. caffey

    caffey New Member

    That is what he is there for. You need a new doc.

[ advertisement ]