Rheumatologist??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kathy372001, Aug 9, 2005.

1. kathy372001

kathy372001 New Member

Hello,
    I'm new here. Here's my story Ill try to keep it short. I got hurt at work in 2002 which has been a battle all by its self anyway. Then found out in 2004 that I have cfs&fm. But here is the problem they say that there is now way that I can be in such pain. There is no medical reason (the attorneys the occupational thereapist qrc and wc) they say its all in my head. Im in pain 24/7 the most I do in a day is dishes once a day and make 1 meal a day for my family. They wont listen that fibro can cause you to have that much pain. I walk with a cane use a wheel chair in stores and they say there is no reason I cant work.
    It has even gotten to the point that even my attorney doudts me or at least makes me feel nuts. But my chiro said yes there is something wrong with my back and body. I wont to go to a rheumatologist.
    Or does anyone have any other ideas for me what I should do?
    Thanks for listening
    Kathy
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Kathy:

Welcome aboard Kathy. You have come to the right place.

I am so sorry that you are going through this nightmare. There are many doctors who do not believe in FM or CFS. That doesn't mean that you don't have it.

You need to see a Rheumatologist that treat Fibromyalgia as soon as possible. He will do a series of tests to see if you have tender points on both sides of your body. He could have you take some blood tests, x-rays, etc. to see if you have some kind of joint problem, such as osteoarthritis or degenerative disc disease.

Don't let anyone tell you that it is all in your head. They don't know how you feel.

Please let us know the outcome once you find a good Rheumy.

Good luck.

Hugs,
    Francey 54

3. Musica

Musica New Member

won't you go to a rheumatologist? You do need to be careful that you find one who 1) believes in FM and CFMS and 2) cares about your pain. But there are rheumatologists out there who believe like that and are good.

I'm not sure who the "they" are who you talk about. What kinds of doctors? From what I know, you don't get to a occupational therapist except through some type of doctor. Have you seen a doctor other than a chiropractor?

In some circles - and Work Comp is one of them - chiropractors don't have a high reputation, and they may discount your pain even more if you haven't seen an M.D. Unfortunately, that is true in the general work comp arena. It sounds like your credibility needs boosting - not in terms of whether or not you are credible, but how others perceive of you. I would suggest starting with docs these other agencies find credible. Who diagnosed you with FM & CFS?

It sounds like you have had a long and difficult road. I hope you have more success and find people who will believe in you and your symptoms.
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

5. kathy372001

kathy372001 New Member

Hello,
    Just spent all morning trying to find a rheumatologist call tons of places. Even called the Mayo in MN they said they arent taking new patients. Finally found Rheumatologist in SD that can see me in Sept. Talked to alot of places and they said the waiting list is Nov and Dec. When I was talking about them I meant WC their drs even my attorney said that there really is no medical reason I cant be working. But he said I do believe there is something wrong but there is no medical reason. If that makes sence. It sure makes me feel nuts!!!!!
    The chiro is the only one that says its the fibro and I have DDD a bulge disk and a slite hernateddisk and arthrist in the back.
    As for as Occupational therapist I was sent there by my pain management dr who doesnt believe in fibro. She also states that fibro doesnt cause that much pain and there is not such thing as fibro fog. She said that yes I may have some pain but most of it is in the head.
    Which really stinks because I had to live in SD for a month for pain management. Which didnt help at all.
    Im just puzzled on how to let people know that Im not nuts the pain is real.
    Thanks for leting me vent
    Kathy